Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest place to find a taxi in Wicklow

Options
  • 09-06-2009 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Where would you say is always struggle to find a cab? Ive just got a licence and was wondering the best areas to cover.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't know if it's changed, but I used to find it pretty hard in Greystones at night (that walk up to Charlesland could be miserable on a bad night).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

eoin wrote: »
    I don't know if it's changed, but I used to find it pretty hard in Greystones at night (that walk up to Charlesland could be miserable on a bad night).

Good news cos ive just got my licence and will be at the station a lot. Once i get my new number i'll post it.

Walk up to Charlesland on a good night isnt much better. Bladder fills just at the 2nd roundabout.

Best check with the moderators of the forum first.

Best check with the moderators of the forum first.

I meant in the handy numbers bit.

ciaran67 wrote: »
    I meant in the handy numbers bit.

Yep, that's for businesses that have been recommended by users here, not for businesses to sign up themselves. Just PM one of the mods and ask them about it, I don't moderate here any more.

• Advertisement

Yep, that's for businesses that have been recommended by users here, not for businesses to sign up themselves. Just PM one of the mods and ask them about it, I don't moderate here any more.

Its ok Mike has already pm'ed me to do it. Thanks Eoin.

I'll keep my nose out of it so! Best of luck with the business :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Agree with Eoin Greystones is ridicolous for a Taxi at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

Good news cos ive just got my licence and will be at the station a lot. Once i get my new number i'll post it.

Walk up to Charlesland on a good night isnt much better. Bladder fills just at the 2nd roundabout.

That's great, I'll definately try and give ya some business. It's hard finding a reliable, regular taxi! Good Luck! ;)

wicklowgal wrote: »
    That's great, I'll definately try and give ya some business. It's hard finding a reliable, regular taxi! Good Luck! ;)

Tks WG

I just bought a 7 seater Peugeot white wheelchair cab so i'll be there soon... once i can get the insurance down. 1900 i got quoted today! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

Tks WG

I just bought a 7 seater Peugeot white wheelchair cab so i'll be there soon... once i can get the insurance down. 1900 i got quoted today! :eek:

Wow a 7 seater, very impressive! Shop around for that insurance though, pretty steep!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

wicklowgal wrote: »
    Wow a 7 seater, very impressive! Shop around for that insurance though, pretty steep!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tell me about it im having a nightmare finding decent insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

That's actualy pretty cheap for a newcomer into taxiing, when I first came in it cost me nearly 4K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Spook_ie wrote: »
    That's actualy pretty cheap for a newcomer into taxiing, when I first came in it cost me nearly 4K
    I agree, my first policy cost me €4500.

2qk4u wrote: »
    I agree, my first policy cost me €4500.

4500 for a horse and cart?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

4500 for a horse and cart?! :D

Very expensive replacing the "bits" on the horse after crashing...

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Very expensive replacing the "bits" on the horse after crashing...

Nay

Advertisement