Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes.com Irish Poker Festival Killarney 09- Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

phil16phil wrote: »
    IMO the updates on the ladbrokes site are excellent, would like more of them though. That,s just me being greedy. I understand the logistics of observing, taking notes, composing, uploading etc takes time. Well done Adam, great stuff.

I agree with this completely, its rare to see a big tournament properly covered like that.

Would like to see something like on online tournament clock though.

Sometimes i'm just interested in what the average is etc

But that said, fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

The very best of luck to Shane Maguire in the main event . This is his 1st big event . He won his seat to killarney in the mini league i ran in the club , He's a 19 lad with a big future in the game IMO . Also the best of luck to Brian Lannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

gman127 wrote: »
    I agree with this completely, its rare to see a big tournament properly covered like that.

Would like to see something like on online tournament clock though.

Sometimes i'm just interested in what the average is etc

But that said, fair play

Blonde poker had this and its a excellant idea. They had the tournment clock along with the number of players left on the top of the site with average chip stack. Don't know how they did it but it gave a great update at a quick glance.

The lads have done brilliant job as usual, its a big room with a lot of unknown faces so its not easy.

I had a deep run in the supersat thursday night going out 55th with 39 tickets up for grabs, but i hit the cash room and was able to spin a €100 up to €650 in about 40 mins on a 1/1/3 omaha, so that took the pain out of the buy in for the main event.
    Day 1 of the main event was just a total grind for me only playing premium hands and keeping out of trouble , my target was to stay above avg for day 1 which i managed without ever being in danger and i came back for day 2 with 26,725 with the avg at 24k.
    I had a great start for day2 with my 1st hand i looked down at A9 and raised 2k from utg+1 only to be reraised by Derek Baker (the 2nd best player in ireland) to 8k and i fold showing the ace, the next hand i get the aces and raise again to 2k only to be reraised again by dereks neighbour to 6k , after doin the dallas act for about a min i shove for the rest and get snapped by QQ ,so a very quick double up and comfort zone for a while. After that i was virtually card dead all day apart from 1 hand which i made a hash of with aces and dropped about 10k . I managed to maintain my stack at 38k without really getting involved , then the table got broken and i managed to pick a table with every aggresive player in the room on 1 table. After an hour of watching raise/ reraise/ shove/fold and all ins with 10 2 being called by 4 2 i found a spot with TT in late position and shoved to steal the blinds and antes which totaled 7k only for the scandie behind me to reshove with AK and of course he ends up with nothin less than a house and im gone to the rail in 150th.
    I have to say it was an excellant event and i really enjoyed it and was very happy with my play( maybe next time my hand holds) . Until then thanks guy's for another top class tourney.

Damo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well I kind of came out of retirement to play this event. The first day was a struggle for me. I started well early getting my 15k stack up to about 20 but after that anything I tried failed miserably and as the night came to an end I was extremely short. I was contemplating pushing with anything before the day ended despite terrible cards but because I was tired I said I would wait and lash them in on saturday with anything half decent. So I finished with a measly 8.5k.

So next day I saw AJ early enough and raised it up. Albert Kenny re-raised me and I pushed. Albert turned over JJ but I got lucky and hit an Ace on the turn. An early double-up against the chip leader who hardly felt the slight itch it caused but I was happy. So began my day of keeping afloat. Every time I made some chips I couldn't build on it and was constantly well below the average. The second time I pushed and was called I had AJ again, this time against AK. For the second time I got lucky hitting a str8 to the J on the turn.

All day long I was getting raises through often with muck but I had a tight image and a lot of players imo don't take stack sizes into account. They would assume I had a monster despite the fact a raise from me was one third my stack most of the time. Late on I pushed with 76o and when everyone folded one of the lads said he folded AT because he was sure I was ahead. Nice to have some respect.

Finally I saw a real hand in AQ and pushed only to end up in a three-way all-in the other two guys both holding AK. I liked my chances of hitting a Q until the fecking K hit the flop and that was that. Out in 101st or so about 30 off the money. Annoying but I'm happy my first live game in yonks saw me running deep. I'm hoping Albert runs deep now because he was playing well and deserved a good run imo. Some really bad play as ever. One of the most amazing things was the amount of players that would limp even in the latter stages when their stacks were less than average. To me that is shocking play but I saw it constantly. I re-raised quite a lot of limpers late on to keep afloat never being re-raised or called.

Anyway I'm off to give todays side-event a spin. Great event well run. Congrats to all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭urallfish

DAMO72 wrote: »
    I had a deep run in the supersat thursday night going out 55th with 39 tickets up for grabs, but i hit the cash room and was able to spin a €100 up to €650 in about 40 mins on a 1/1/3 omaha, so that took the pain out of the buy in for the main event.
    Day 1 of the main event was just a total grind for me only playing premium hands and keeping out of trouble , my target was to stay above avg for day 1 which i managed without ever being in danger and i came back for day 2 with 26,725 with the avg at 24k.
    I had a great start for day2 with my 1st hand i looked down at A9 and raised 2k from utg+1 only to be reraised by Derek Baker (the 2nd best player in ireland) to 8k and i fold showing the ace, the next hand i get the aces and raise again to 2k only to be reraised again by dereks neighbour to 6k , after doin the dallas act for about a min i shove for the rest and get snapped by QQ ,so a very quick double up and comfort zone for a while. After that i was virtually card dead all day apart from 1 hand which i made a hash of with aces and dropped about 10k . I managed to maintain my stack at 38k without really getting involved , then the table got broken and i managed to pick a table with every aggresive player in the room on 1 table. After an hour of watching raise/ reraise/ shove/fold and all ins with 10 2 being called by 4 2I have to say it was an excellant event and i really enjoyed it and was very happy with my play( maybe next time my hand holds) . Until then thanks guy's for another top class tourney.

Damo
    i found a spot with TT in late position and shoved to steal the blinds and antes which totaled 7k only for the scandie behind me to reshove with AK and of course he ends up with nothin less than a house and im gone to the rail in 150th. :rolleyes:
    As i was sittin to ur right as i can remember damo u were in early postion to shove with 10 10 with deck in front of u with 85k in chips of course ur gonna be called with ak!!!!:mad:but anyhow unlucky!!!!

Cashed in main event 68th place played really well sat on average stack the whole of day two had 120k sittin on bb guy raises 25k i look down to se kqs tought this guy was stealin blinds as he was a fairly loose player so i shove the lot he calls with aq crushed down to 67kk blinds 3k 6k with ante of 500 folded round look down 79c push to bb calls with ak!!lol great game cashed for one thousand would have loved to have made it deeper but there is always next year!! good luck to the waterford boys fox gerry aemon and slaps come on lads one of you bring this back to the south!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭J_Mac

Busted sumwhere round da 110 player mark. Was my first major tournment so I was happy to run so deep although obviously a cash would have been nicer. Considering some of the quality players that had been at my tables, it was nice to stand my own. Structure wise the tournment was 1st class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

urallfish wrote: »
    Cashed in main event 68th place played really well sat on average stack the whole of day two had 120k sittin on bb guy raises 25k i look down to se kqs tought this guy was stealin blinds as he was a fairly loose player so i shove the lot he calls with aq crushed down to 67kk blinds 3k 6k with ante of 500 folded round look down 79c push to bb calls with ak!!lol great game cashed for one thousand would have loved to have made it deeper but there is always next year!! good luck to the waterford boys fox gerry aemon and slaps come on lads one of you bring this back to the south!!!!!

comma_police_button-p145877167843907615t5sj_400.jpg

urallfish wrote: »
    i found a spot with TT in late position and shoved to steal the blinds and antes which totaled 7k only for the scandie behind me to reshove with AK and of course he ends up with nothin less than a house and im gone to the rail in 150th. :rolleyes:
    As i was sittin to ur right as i can remember damo u were in early postion to shove with 10 10 with deck in front of u with 85k in chips of course ur gonna be called with ak!!!!:mad:but anyhow unlucky!!!!
    I was in seat 2 ginnie and the short stacked bb was in six so i'll let you work that 1 out for yourself. I didnt mind the call i was just hoping my hand would hold for once ,but as you said there is always next year;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 flopmehappy

25 left bring it home goughy gl mate

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Albert kenny gone A10 no good against K10s:( ul albert

Tom Kitts lost a massiv pot down to 50k, raised pot flop 665 two heart's all the money in sb (who raised pre) has 62 tom, BB has suited A of hearts cant hit down lost over a million in chips:(

Hoki wrote: »
    comma_police_button-p145877167843907615t5sj_400.jpg
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

go on goughy and tag bring it back

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

Loved playing this tournament, got knocked out mid day 2 but who cares, I loved the buzz..

Hard look to Tommy G who just got knocked out in 24th ish..

Is any of it gonna be televised and if so when? I was sat beside Ronnie Whelan for majority of day 1 so my ugly mug might make it on to the tv..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishKestrel

Great tournament!

Had a great day 1 and was well above average all day.

Went through the whole of Day 2 without a single AA, KK, QQ, JJ or AK but grinded my way through it. My new favourite hand has to be 33 which chipped me up twice. Finished the day at 98,500.

Day 3 was short and sweet - couldn't believe there was 6 players gone in less than 30 minutes at that stage.

UTG raised to 27,000 and I was sat in the BB with 99. Heads-up and I shoved my 75,000 chips and got the call from AQ. First time in the whole tournament I was all-in with a call. First time there was ANY kind of danger of being knocked out (not bad considering it was Level 20).

K66 flop was positive but the Q on the river meant tournament over. Really enjoyed it. Until next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

I just see Tag gone in 14th, good run man, wp

Well done to Shane Maguire who went in 16th for 3k in his first game outside of his home town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

GoGo Paul Quinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Good luck to Gerry Cosgrave.....take it down....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

I just see Tag gone in 14th, good run man, wp

gg tag wp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishKestrel

J_Mac wrote: »
    Busted sumwhere round da 110 player mark. Was my first major tournment so I was happy to run so deep although obviously a cash would have been nicer. Considering some of the quality players that had been at my tables, it was nice to stand my own. Structure wise the tournment was 1st class.

Solid game J Mac. Unlucky not to cash.

See you at the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭roleynoley

Adopted corkman Tony Collins chip leader!!Go on Tony,keep the trophy in Cork!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

busted 25th pushed on button wi aq for bout 260k sb hu has bout 320k snap calls wi aj!! j on the flop goodnite me ha sick great tourney tho hated the payout structure lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Is anyone watching this?? How's it going? My Brother is still in the last 7

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

tok9 wrote: »
    Is anyone watching this?? How's it going? My Brother is still in the last 7

Who's your brother?

Cian O Keeffe.. Last 5 now

He finished 6th actually... can't believe it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

he finished 5th for 15k nice touch
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

corkie123 wrote: »
    he finished 5th for 15k nice touch
    :D:D:D

Yeah, 15k for local lad Cian, but he was so unlucky. 5 left, he snaps goughys all=in when he has him well covered, cian shows 99, Goughy 10-7. A 10 on the turn doubles goughy through, but cian still has 1,5 million. Couple of hands later, Cian calls another shove for over a million chips each, opponnent shows 10-4, Cian has AK. 10 on the turn again, cripples him ,so he's out in 5th when really he should be chip leader. A great run though from an inexperienced young player and a very nice payday (but it could have been so much better).

Advertisement