Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes.com Irish Poker Festival Killarney 09- Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

well done to nicnicnic too on chopping the 2-day side event and pocketing 13k. Nice to see a change of luck for "the power",

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

And nearly forgot Mewso (brian) whos flying in the later stages of the 1 day event.

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭barrera

Could anyone post up the ME and side event results? Can't access updates site from work. What time did it all wrap up at?

Well done to all involved, excellent event. Played the 2-day side event, even though it only lasted the 1 day for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

connie147 wrote: »
    Yeah, 15k for local lad Cian, but he was so unlucky. 5 left, he snaps goughys all=in when he has him well covered, cian shows 99, Goughy 10-7. A 10 on the turn doubles goughy through, but cian still has 1,5 million. Couple of hands later, Cian calls another shove for over a million chips each, opponnent shows 10-4, Cian has AK. 10 on the turn again, cripples him ,so he's out in 5th when really he should be chip leader. A great run though from an inexperienced young player and a very nice payday (but it could have been so much better).

Ya he was telling me about that... He was actually unlucky not to finish in the top 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishKestrel

Last hand of the tournament seems like a real killer. Almost 50-50 in chips after starting at 9m:2m. AK v AQ and the AQ spikes a flush. Ouch. Would have been a hell of a come-back from 9-2 down.

Results for those without access this morning
    1. Thomas Rolf - €100,000 plus Ladbrokes Cruise Entry
    2. Emmet Gough - €65,000
    3. Michael Murphy - €35,000
    4. Tony Collins - €20,000
    5. Cian O'Keefe - €15,000
    6. Rob Jelley - €10,000
    7. Richard Fernandez - €9,000
    8. Euan Ralston - €7,500
    9. Douglas Hogan - €6,500
    10. Gerry Cosgrave - €5,500

€4,000
    11 ?
    12 ?
    13. Donal O'Connor (Semibluff also won the Boards Last Longest competition)

€3,000
    14. Ciaran Taggart (the AQ that killed my 99)
    15. Tobias Holmeire
    16. Shane McGuire

€2,000
    17. Tom Kitt (How the hell did he blow all those chips???)
    18. Martin Busteed ( very nice Cork guy who you just had to rub for good luck - got stuck on his left on Table 42 with the Improver to my left. Great crack at the table).
    19. Simon Maher
    20. Joakin Beidal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Last hand of the tournament seems like a real killer. Almost 50-50 in chips after starting at 9m:2m. AK v AQ and the AQ spikes a flush. Ouch. Would have been a hell of a come-back from 9-2 down.

Results for those without access this morning
    1. Thomas Rolf - €100,000 plus Ladbrokes Cruise Entry
    2. Emmet Gough - €65,000
    3. Michael Murphy - €35,000 Deal done 3 handed €55k/€65k/€80k softened the blow a bit for Gough.

4. Tony Collins - €20,000
    5. Cian O'Keefe - €15,000
    6. Rob Jelley - €10,000
    7. Richard Fernandez - €9,000
    8. Euan Ralston - €7,500
    9. Douglas Hogan - €6,500
    10. Gerry Cosgrave - €5,500

€4,000
    11 ?
    12 ?
    13. Donal O'Connor (Semibluff also won the Boards Last Longest competition)

€3,000
    14. Ciaran Taggart (the AQ that killed my 99)
    15. Tobias Holmeire
    16. Shane McGuire

€2,000
    17. Tom Kitt (How the hell did he blow all those chips???) Got it in for a huge pot with the nut flush draw & missed
    18. Martin Busteed ( very nice Cork guy who you just had to rub for good luck - got stuck on his left on Table 42 with the Improver to my left. Great crack at the table).
    19. Simon Maher
    20. Joakin Beidal

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Get in there Goughy! Well played and fine result, delighted for you. Wouldn't mind being at the party in Clondalkin tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

Hey folks, I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea if I could get/buy another Killarney card guard, some fecker robbed mine from the cash tables, grrrrr!!! It was the biggest tourney I've ever played in so I was delighted to get it, I repeat..grrrrrr!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I pulled an all-nighter (bad idea), got the first bus back to Waterford (bad idea), let a junkie use my phone on the bus (bad idea - "Hi Chris, I have some valium and money for ya"), went to college (disgustingly bad idea, although I did help cheer up anyone who turned up with a mild hangover). Why did I do all this? Simple really. So I wouldn't do the loot on the cash tables and by loot I actually mean borrowed loot!

Thanks for all the comments. We got off to a shaky start but think we managed to stay on top of things for the 2nd and 3rd days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

GGGGGGGGGGGGGoughy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Hey folks, I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea if I could get/buy another Killarney card guard, some fecker robbed mine from the cash tables, grrrrr!!! It was the biggest tourney I've ever played in so I was delighted to get it, I repeat..grrrrrr!!!
    My advice would be to email joanna@sherringevents.co.uk . She was handling the hospitality at the event. There were definitely a few floating about because numbers were down on last year and they would have brought over enough to give to a full room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 derekbaker

hi Damo derek here really enjoyed your company not playing the game to long still learning the best of luck mate
    DAMO72 wrote: »
    I had a deep run in the supersat thursday night going out 55th with 39 tickets up for grabs, but i hit the cash room and was able to spin a €100 up to €650 in about 40 mins on a 1/1/3 omaha, so that took the pain out of the buy in for the main event.
    Day 1 of the main event was just a total grind for me only playing premium hands and keeping out of trouble , my target was to stay above avg for day 1 which i managed without ever being in danger and i came back for day 2 with 26,725 with the avg at 24k.
    I had a great start for day2 with my 1st hand i looked down at A9 and raised 2k from utg+1 only to be reraised by Derek Baker (the 2nd best player in ireland) to 8k and i fold showing the ace, the next hand i get the aces and raise again to 2k only to be reraised again by dereks neighbour to 6k , after doin the dallas act for about a min i shove for the rest and get snapped by QQ ,so a very quick double up and comfort zone for a while. After that i was virtually card dead all day apart from 1 hand which i made a hash of with aces and dropped about 10k . I managed to maintain my stack at 38k without really getting involved , then the table got broken and i managed to pick a table with every aggresive player in the room on 1 table. After an hour of watching raise/ reraise/ shove/fold and all ins with 10 2 being called by 4 2 i found a spot with TT in late position and shoved to steal the blinds and antes which totaled 7k only for the scandie behind me to reshove with AK and of course he ends up with nothin less than a house and im gone to the rail in 150th.
    I have to say it was an excellant event and i really enjoyed it and was very happy with my play( maybe next time my hand holds) . Until then thanks guy's for another top class tourney.

Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Well played Goughy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

u can have mine pm me i get it up to u :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Top result Goughy, delighted for you! wp.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

congrats to goughy very nice touch..wp tag nice lil cash too,payout structure was a bit weird imo

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Well done to all the winners. It was a fantastic and an extremely enjoyable weekend yet again. Really well run as always from the start and my hat is off to Neil, Connie and everyone involved. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't run deeper but I guess it's still nice to cash. Well done again to the winners and Quinn for making a brilliant call to knock me out. Looking forward to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

He told me on Friday night/early Saturday he keeps the money under the matress so if not evenly distributed you might be tilting after this win.

Great display for one who struggled for so long...................well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

derekbaker wrote: »
    hi Damo derek here really enjoyed your company not playing the game to long still learning the best of luck mate
    Hey derek you have very little to learn IMO , your aggressive play kept me in my place but it also helped me to get my early double up on day 2 with the aces. I really enjoyed the crack on that table as it was nearly 2 full days b4 we were broken and i think a lot us got to know each other fairly well. Anyway goodluck to ya and i hope we will meet again soon:)

kakak1 wrote: »
    He told me on Friday night/early Saturday he keeps the money under the matress so if not evenly distributed you might be tilting after this win.

Great display for one who struggled for so long...................well done
    on day 2 my mate shoved into goughy with 10h8h and goughy called with AsQs and the flop of 6h7hKh left him dead. Shortly after he was moved to my table very short with about 16k. My m8 asked me at the break about him and i said he was one of the best tournament players in the country:D. At least you didn't let me down Goughy, Great result and well deserved.

• Advertisement

yeah will be playing a lot more so will get to see u soon,it was a great table.A frenchman was found hanging in his room because of u ha ha.I am only playing about 6 months but as u said learning from the best player in Ireland lol

Well played to Tony Collins a nice lad well deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭J_Mac

Phil Baker & Big Mick Graydon were just two of the players I came up against the weekend. Nice to play against some of the big boys in Irish Poker.

I must say Phil & Big Mick are 2 absolute gents. I was expecting them both to probably be brash, cocky & arrogant, but in reality they are the complete opposite. Great men for the banter. Phil even offered to buy every1 at the table a drink. Also Big Mick G is polite and gracious even after taking a bad beat. Fair play lads :).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

connie147 wrote: »
    And nearly forgot Mewso (brian) whos flying in the later stages of the 1 day event.

Connie

Split this in the end although I won the played out hand to officially claim the trophy :) What a final table. A young english fella who seemed like a nice bloke early on started downing double vodkas and all hell broke loose when we were down to 7. Someone else called the clock on him resulting in abuse, 2 penalties and almost disqualification. A nightmare scenario for the rest of us. Somewhat satisfying to knock him out with A3 though when we were down to 3 players. To be fair to him he'll probably regret his behaviour when the drink wears off. Well done to Nicky and all the others in the money down there.

Anyway thanks to Connie and all the other staff at the event. Something in the air down in Killarney. I always do well there. What are house prices at down there these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

mewso wrote: »
    Split this in the end although I won the played out hand to officially claim the trophy :) What a final table. A young english fella who seemed like a nice bloke early on started downing double vodkas and all hell broke loose when we were down to 7. Someone else called the clock on him resulting in abuse, 2 penalties and almost disqualification. A nightmare scenario for the rest of us. Somewhat satisfying to knock him out with A3 though when we were down to 3 players. To be fair to him he'll probably regret his behaviour when the drink wears off.

Anyway thanks to Connie and all the other staff at the event. Something in the air down in Killarney. I always do well there. What are house prices at down there these days?

Was it the young lad in seat 3?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Was it the young lad in seat 3?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Lol the gargle I played cash with him and he seemed sound and he was fine for the little table time I had with him in this event.Although the signs were there that he could slow up the game but it didn't matter when the clock was paused.
    I was seat 4 first out at the Ft were you seat 8?
    Congrats nice result btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

J_Mac wrote: »
    Phil Baker & Big Mick Graydon were just two of the players I came up against the weekend. Nice to play against some of the big boys in Irish Poker.

I must say Phil & Big Mick are 2 absolute gents. I was expecting them both to probably be brash, cocky & arrogant, but in reality they are the complete opposite. Great men for the banter. Phil even offered to buy every1 at the table a drink. Also Big Mick G is polite and gracious even after taking a bad beat. Fair play lads :).

I AM!

Thanks for the kind words J. Enjoyed the weekend. Met loads of new (maybe fresh is a better word) players. Some funny stuff all weekend (not the cash tables...... 1/1/3 PLO made me even more brash!). My highlight was a very high profile players wife verbally abusing a local guy for staying in a pot. I usually like to stir the s... in these situations but the abuse was so much I felt like calling the Samaratins for him... nobody, EVEN ME, could say a word for about 15 mins afterwards!

bye the bye.... I said "would anybody like a drink"... I never said I would pay for it;)

Congrats to Emmet on his finish, WP...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭J_Mac

J_Mac wrote: »
    I AM!

Thanks for the kind words J. Enjoyed the weekend. Met loads of new (maybe fresh is a better word) players. Some funny stuff all weekend (not the cash tables...... 1/1/3 PLO made me even more brash!). My highlight was a very high profile players wife verbally abusing a local guy for staying in a pot. I usually like to stir the s... in these situations but the abuse was so much I felt like calling the Samaratins for him... nobody, EVEN ME, could say a word for about 15 mins afterwards!

bye the bye.... I said "would anybody like a drink"... I never said I would pay for itwink.gif

Congrats to Emmet on his finish, WP... .

Haha. Nice 1 neways dude. Suppose there is always more needling in cash games rather then tournments. Anyways might see u again at the tables some day.

• Advertisement

urallfish wrote: »
    Just tought i would ask someone for some feedback on this issue if possible?? I was in a hand in day 2 in main event when i look down and see pocket 66 i limp early sb calls big blind a scandy who was on my table since the word go, calls.Flop q72 i ch sb ch scandy bets 14k im thinkin at this stage he has a weak q and shoves over the top with my 66 sb folds so now the decision is thrown back in his face im thinkin his foldin cause nearly impossible to get a read from my play there, so when his thinkin and thinkin player to my left (not nameing) says to him you have to call you cant fold, now at this stage im fumin but keepin it together he calls his tourney with q10 bang lost about 60k so anyway calls td no warning for player no penalty is this allowed to happen??
    Name and shame IMO , but tell the proper story first Kieth

Advertisement