Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes.com Irish Poker Festival Killarney 09- Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

urallfish wrote: »
    Just tought i would ask someone for some feedback on this issue if possible?? I was in a hand in day 2 in main event when i look down and see pocket 66 i limp early sb calls big blind a scandy who was on my table since the word go, calls.Flop q72 i ch sb ch scandy bets 14k im thinkin at this stage he has a weak q and shoves over the top with my 66 sb folds so now the decision is thrown back in his face im thinkin his foldin cause nearly impossible to get a read from my play there, so when his thinkin and thinkin player to my left (not nameing) says to him you have to call you cant fold, now at this stage im fumin but keepin it together he calls his tourney with q10 bang lost about 60k so anyway calls td no warning for player no penalty is this allowed to happen??

For playin pocket 6's that way in a multi-way pot u should have got a pently!:eek: what were the blinds? how much did the BB have?.. take it to the ruling section!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭urallfish

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Name and shame IMO , but tell the proper story first Kieth
    Yes i will tell the proper story no banter not the place those were the words that came out of your mouth damo when there is a decision on a player no other player at a table should as far as i know say anything or get involved

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭J_Mac

Dat sounds v unethical alrite and some kind of penalty should be given to him. Any player not involved in any hand should really not be talking about the hand in question and making comments like fold or call.

A situation occured also with me. Not as bad as yours, but still I felt it was a little unethical...

Well known Irish player (I won't mention his name) flat calls pre-flop, I raise. There are 2 or 3 players behind me to act before it returns back to initial pre-flop limper. Well known Irish player gets up and goes walkies therefore making his hand dead. The players behing me now know that they won't have to worry bout him raising or calling behind them. As it turned out, everyone folded & I won the hand pre-flop anyways so it didn't really matter and Im also pretty sure the player didn't mean to do it. The players behind me also stated this was a little bit of bad form or am I over-reacting?

pgodkin wrote: »
    For playin pocket 6's that way in a multi-way pot u should have got a pently!:eek: what were the blinds? how much did the BB have?.. take it to the ruling section!
    ok blinds were 24 with ante of 400 i knew this player i played 17 hours of poker with him when anyone was checking he was betting thats the way it was blinds 11 thousand he has 60 behind him with that play i made limp chck push any hand was beating him so its an easy fold on his side i just made a move nothin wrong there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Yes i will tell the proper story no banter not the place those were the words that came out of your mouth damo when there is a decision on a player no other player at a table should as far as i know say anything or get involved
    If you come on here and tell it how it happened i will sympathise with you but if not then im done with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

J_Mac wrote: »
    Haha. Nice 1 neways dude. Suppose there is always more needling in cash games rather then tournments. Anyways might see u again at the tables some day.

look forward to it J...

and I must say I thought the whole idea of a 800 runner - €500 buy-in tourny was a lot of hard work for little reward (unless your one of the top finishers of course!) but apart from the financial rewards the bigger picture is what this tournament does for live poker, it's priceless. Saw so many new faces at the weekend. The buy-in makes the transition for a lot of players from the smaller games into the bigger festival arena less financially burdening then other festival events... giving newbies the pleasent sickness of wanting to come back for more of the 'live' stuff. It's probably a strange thing to say about a game that is designed to get people to sign up for on-line poker.... but I think it's a great nursery for the live game.

If you come on here and tell it how it happened i will sympathise with you but if not then im done with it.
    Np desicion was on player was goin on for about 4 mins dealer says to him u have a one thousand chip under the small ones you say you cant fold now you have to call damo he was a foregner he didnt see that side of it the words still came out cause when i was waitin after you said that i was fumin but couldnt say anythin to you at that time as i didnt want to give a read regardless you know you should not have opened your mouth there was a major desicion there and i think genuinly thats the reason why he called i just think you should have left it out tbh

Ok i 'll tell it for ya ,
    As the scandie was counting his chip's and had them stacked back up the dealer pointed out to him that he had a purple 1k chip under a stack of blue 100's that he didn't see and he couldn't understand the dealer so i pointed to the chip and he said something(scandie i think), and i said jokeingly you cant fold now to which there was some lighhearted laughing among the table and then he called. Then Kieth called for a ruling and told his own version and the td asked the dealer was that what happened and the dealer said no and told him the proper story to which the td announced carry on .

Ok i 'll tell it for ya ,
    As the scandie was counting his chip's and had them stacked back up the dealer pointed out to him that he had a purple 1k chip under a stack of blue 100's that he didn't see and he couldn't understand the dealer so i pointed to the chip and he said something(scandie i think), and i said jokeingly you cant fold now to which there was some lighhearted laughing among the table and then he called. Then Kieth called for a ruling and told his own version and the td asked the dealer was that what happened and the dealer said no and told him the proper story to which the td announced carry on .
    No td says bad ethicate ask floor manager that td was flyin around bad ethicate rgardless it was out of order and you know it was

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

mewso wrote: »
    Split this in the end although I won the played out hand to officially claim the trophy :) What a final table. A young english fella who seemed like a nice bloke early on started downing double vodkas and all hell broke loose when we were down to 7. Someone else called the clock on him resulting in abuse, 2 penalties and almost disqualification. A nightmare scenario for the rest of us. Somewhat satisfying to knock him out with A3 though when we were down to 3 players. To be fair to him he'll probably regret his behaviour when the drink wears off. Well done to Nicky and all the others in the money down there.

Anyway thanks to Connie and all the other staff at the event. Something in the air down in Killarney. I always do well there. What are house prices at down there these days?

I just missed the craic so-went out in 8th:(. Anyway well done whoever you were (I presume seat 8)-a nice touch.

The English guy you mention must have gone OTT as before that all we had was a bit of banter and I played a marathon €100SNG with him the night before and he seemed sound-thats the drink for ya:).

Anyhow the whole weekend was top class with lots of poker played in a well organised fashion by the Big Slick guys and Cue Club-well done to them. Roll on next year.

• Advertisement

Nothing bad about the actual running of tourney was well run great atmosphere great guys up there, good players, that was the only negative side of the weekend that happened and IS playin on my mind you know that i used to have a dentancy to blow up now and again and i genuinly feel for those who know me if i had said that while a desicion was on another player like that it would be a totally differant outcome im sure a lot would agree as you run a poker club i feel you know yourself not to get involved you were already after giving that scandie a read when u sat down first sayin lovely dont blow up now and then that!! And i was fairly happy with the way i played made the money thats fairly good as the field of players was top class! ATLEAST I DIDNT BLOW UP!!!!

No td says bad ethicate ask floor manager that td was flyin around bad ethicate rgardless it was out of order and you know it was
    Ok kieth if it makes you happy i whole heartedly appologise for deliberately making the guy call and putting his chips into the pot for him, im just sorry now that i didn't stack them back up for him .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Lol the gargle I played cash with him and he seemed sound and he was fine for the little table time I had with him in this event.Although the signs were there that he could slow up the game but it didn't matter when the clock was paused.
    I was seat 4 first out at the Ft were you seat 8?
    Congrats nice result btw.

Yeah I was seat 8 thanks. Should we wear boards t-shirts to these events so we all know each other? Maybe not :)

Ok kieth if it makes you happy i whole heartedly appologise for deliberately making the guy call and putting his chips into the pot for him, im just sorry now that i didn't stack them back up for him .
    Not askin for an apoligy just some feedback from some players thats all there you just brought out that side of you that was on my table at that very moment with that reply!!

pgodkin wrote: »
    And another thing i knew he had q and if i were him easy fold there tbh

Not askin for an apoligy just some feedback from some players thats all there you just brought out that side of you that was on my table at that very moment with that reply!!
    Ok Feedback , Grow up and stop bitchin :D:rolleyes:

Ok Feedback , Grow up and stop bitchin :D:rolleyes:
    Got to you did i???

Got to you did i???
    Who's Didi:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Don't know why this is being discussed in this thread surely the rules section is the place for it.

FWIW I was approached by another player & this incident was relayed to me & the person described it as disgraceful & should not have happened.

Table etiquette though works both ways and should be practised at all times by all players......................................

kakak1 wrote: »
    Don't know why this is being discussed in this thread surely the rules section is the place for it.

FWIW I was approached by another player & this incident was relayed to me & the person described it as disgraceful & should not have happened.

Table etiquette though works both ways and should be practised at all times by all players......................................
    Sorry dave i didnt even know there was a ruling section tbh

• Advertisement

kakak1 wrote: »

Your right Dave it shouldn't have bee brought up here , And kieth knows how it went down , and he knows that there was nothing sinister in it , but if he feel's that he has to make a mountain out of a molehill then let him rattle on . I know what happened and im done with it. Take it off line if you want ginnie , i'll pm ya me number

Your right Dave it shouldn't have bee brought up here , And kieth knows how it went down , and he knows that there was nothing sinister in it , but if he feel's that he has to make a mountain out of a molehill then let him rattle on . I know what happened and im done with it. Take it off line if you want ginnie , i'll pm ya me number
    Dont be twisting this now for your own benefit damo i asked for players to give me an answer on there experience i know how it went down and its done on this thread i brought it to rulings so i apolagise for bringin it up on this thread but as for you i said what i had to say end of..........

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackbeard

I just missed the craic so-went out in 8th:(. Anyway well done whoever you were (I presume seat 8)-a nice touch.

The English guy you mention must have gone OTT as before that all we had was a bit of banter and I played a marathon €100SNG with him the night before and he seemed sound-thats the drink for ya:).

Anyhow the whole weekend was top class with lots of poker played in a well organised fashion by the Big Slick guys and Cue Club-well done to them. Roll on next year.

Yes colin he went well over the top he was abuseing me so i gave him the first penatly of a round off the table and neill gave him the 2nd penatly and he starting going bananas cause the bar staff wonld not give him any more drink, he kicked over a bin and he went over to john kalmer and started giving him loads of lip about been taken off the table. John had a few drinks in him and just said dont get throw out of the event but he just would not leave it alone. At 1 stage he was on the clock and picked up the Waterford Crystal bowl that was for the winner and i taught he was going to throw it at me cause i was counting down the time left on the clock. He finished 3rd in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

blackbeard wrote: »
    Yes colin he went well over the top he was abuseing me so i gave him the first penatly of a round off the table and neill gave him the 2nd penatly and he starting going bananas cause the bar staff wonld not give him any more drink, he kicked over a bin and he went over to john kalmer and started giving him loads of lip about been taken off the table. John had a few drinks in him and just said dont get throw out of the event but he just would not leave it alone. At 1 stage he was on the clock and picked up the Waterford Crystal bowl that was for the winner and i taught he was going to throw it at me cause i was counting down the time left on the clock. He finished 3rd in the end.

Couldn't have been the 1st time he conducted himself like this while drunk. If he is like that when he is drunk then he is a wxxker for drinking. We all know people who can't handle their drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Get in there Goughy! Well played and fine result, delighted for you. Wouldn't mind being at the party in Clondalkin tonight!

Party on this Thursday in Molloys, Tallaght.

Emmett is adding €500 and I'll add a €350 Ticket to my Mini WSOP Festival.

Add I'm sure there'll be plenty of drink;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

First off great weekend of poker again. I crashed out of the main event pretty early despite having doubled up in the first session. At least it wasn't a bad beat, i went out mainly because i was an idiot and 4 bet bluffed the only other big stack. Anyway...

My one gripe about the weekend was the standard of some of the dealers in the cash room. Don't get me wrong, as usual most were excellent and i know to get that many dealers for the weekend there will be a few who aren't as experienced. But why not keep such dealers in the tournaments where things are less complicated for them?

Particularly in the omaha games i saw a number of dealers who couldn't figure out pot sized bets correctly and struggled with calculaing the rake. I would like to suggest organisers have dedicated omaha dealers for these weekends if possible (which would speed up things for players and generate more rake ultimately).

Another small thing was one tipsy guy who on a few occasions reached into the pot to count how much was in the middle and nothing was said by 2 different dealers when he did this. Even after i asked the dealer if he could do this and got no reply. It seemed to me as if it was one of his first times dealing and he wasn't confident enough to say anything.

These are only minor points and i want to stress that overall the standard was excellent as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

JP Poker wrote: »
    Party on this Thursday in Molloys, Tallaght.

Emmett is adding €500 and I'll add a €350 Ticket to my Mini WSOP Festival.

Add I'm sure there'll be plenty of drink;)

Well done Emmet. See you on the side table when we both get knocked out early as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

Congrats to Neill and Connie & co for another great weekend of poker in Killarney
    a very well managed event as per usual
    I heard one or 2 gripes but didnt have one myself other than not getting a hand for 3 hours in the 170 game, but then again, that didnt stop me from representing one and managed to scrape through to a cash out

i did visit the cash room but could only see bingo poker taking place at most tables, decided to give that a miss

once again, great event well done lads

hope you have another one next year, put me in for it immediately plese

Derek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭gorfield

derekbaker wrote: »
    Well played to Tony Collins a nice lad well deserved

The Dubs sticking together as usual eh........:D

Well done to tony, only for a river suckout for a 6.5m pot the result would have been different...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

gorfield wrote: »
    The Dubs sticking together as usual eh........:D

Well done to tony, only for a river suckout for a 6.5m pot the result would have been different...

Derek's more Cork these days! and they usually don't like anyone called Collins:D

Advertisement