Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes.com Irish Poker Festival Killarney 09- Official Thread

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Well done Connie/Neil on running another superb event and major kudos to JP/Luke for controlling the action in the cash game area i felt it was run much smoother than last year.

I think i lost a liver in killarney though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ThereseC

connie147 wrote: »
    Yeah, 15k for local lad Cian, but he was so unlucky. 5 left, he snaps goughys all=in when he has him well covered, cian shows 99, Goughy 10-7. A 10 on the turn doubles goughy through, but cian still has 1,5 million. Couple of hands later, Cian calls another shove for over a million chips each, opponnent shows 10-4, Cian has AK. 10 on the turn again, cripples him ,so he's out in 5th when really he should be chip leader. A great run though from an inexperienced young player and a very nice payday (but it could have been so much better).

Really enjoyed the weekend - just wondering does anyone know where in Kerry Cian O'Keefe is from, just writing up piece for Kerry paper there. Thanks. T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Froet

Nice tournament! Had fun, even after finishing 99th and winning zero euros :P.

Only negative thing that I can come up with is the pay-out structure. Number of pay outs is perfect but it's a little bit pity that everything is done to keep the first prize at 100k, severe top heavy.

Obviously coming back next year though. Always liked the events in Ireland and trying to play as much as possible

Greetings from Belgium ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Only Aces

Wolves wrote: »
    First off great weekend of poker again. I crashed out of the main event pretty early despite having doubled up in the first session. At least it wasn't a bad beat, i went out mainly because i was an idiot and 4 bet bluffed the only other big stack. Anyway...

My one gripe about the weekend was the standard of some of the dealers in the cash room. Don't get me wrong, as usual most were excellent and i know to get that many dealers for the weekend there will be a few who aren't as experienced. But why not keep such dealers in the tournaments where things are less complicated for them?

Particularly in the omaha games i saw a number of dealers who couldn't figure out pot sized bets correctly and struggled with calculaing the rake. I would like to suggest organisers have dedicated omaha dealers for these weekends if possible (which would speed up things for players and generate more rake ultimately).

Another small thing was one tipsy guy who on a few occasions reached into the pot to count how much was in the middle and nothing was said by 2 different dealers when he did this. Even after i asked the dealer if he could do this and got no reply. It seemed to me as if it was one of his first times dealing and he wasn't confident enough to say anything.

These are only minor points and i want to stress that overall the standard was excellent as usual.
    I was a dealer at this and asked to be kept away from the cash room because i didn't want to deal it. While most dealers were brilliant at there job there was one or two who weren't up to standered. Seen this myself a few times but was nothing to do with me so i said nothing. There was enough on the floor down there to cop it themselves. I seen one dealer award a pot of 400+ in PLO to one player with a board of 4, 5, 6, K, J no flushdraw when the two players threw over the same hand of 7, 8 for the nuts. I was standing behind the table and had to tell him as did the whole table.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ThereseC wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the weekend - just wondering does anyone know where in Kerry Cian O'Keefe is from, just writing up piece for Kerry paper there. Thanks. T

Ya i do... will i just pm it... I'm the brother

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Froet

Only Aces wrote: »
    I was a dealer at this and asked to be kept away from the cash room because i didn't want to deal it. While most dealers were brilliant at there job there was one or two who weren't up to standered. Seen this myself a few times but was nothing to do with me so i said nothing. There was enough on the floor down there to cop it themselves. I seen one dealer award a pot of 400+ in PLO to one player with a board of 4, 5, 6, K, J no flushdraw when the two players threw over the same hand of 7, 8 for the nuts. I was standing behind the table and had to tell him as did the whole table.

I was on that table If I remember correct, I think it was table four. About that same hand, there was a bigger mistake in it, chips got messed up and one player had over 50 euros less then at the start of the hand. He realized it later and it was corrected. But obviously not corrected perfectly, but he got some back. It was the guy with the leather wsop jacket I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Only Aces

Froet wrote: »
    I was on that table If I remember correct, I think it was table four. About that same hand, there was a bigger mistake in it, chips got messed up and one player had over 50 euros less then at the start of the hand. He realized it later and it was corrected. But obviously not corrected perfectly, but he got some back. It was the guy with the leather wsop jacket I think.
    Yeah think it was him. Thats a big mistake to be making. Didn't see after that, left after the dealer realized. Was a good weekend otherwise. Dealt a man a Royal Flush on the 3rd hand of the main event, blinds were 25/25. he got about 200 from the pot and he held 2 cards for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

gorrrr72 wrote: »
    Well done Emmet. See you on the side table when we both get knocked out early as usual.

..and chopping the sidegame with me for the like the 10th time in a row :pac:, cya thurs gor

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

j10spades wrote: »
    ..and chopping the sidegame with me for the like the 10th time in a row :pac:, cya thurs gor

lol...sick run in the side games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ThereseC

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya i do... will i just pm it... I'm the brother

Got it there - Thanks mil anyway! Therese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

http://poker.ladbrokes.com/en/events/irish-poker-festival-2009/1

Videos - Day1 - Day 4

Results of all events to follow today

Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ThereseC wrote: »
    Got it there - Thanks mil anyway! Therese.

Grand... Don't forget It's O Keeffe not O Keefe

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

I think i lost a liver in killarney though.

I think i lost a lung, compensation needed i think

Advertisement