Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes.com Irish Poker Festival Killarney 09- Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

How can this even be advertised here then really, its of no use to us, just free advertising for ladbrokes, sure there giving us nothing

Lets be straight to the point with yourself richie

1.U will not play anyhow even though u will show interest and put ur name down same as the last event in Killarney

2. Ladbrokes are Guaranteeing €250,000 for a €500 buy which is unheard of

3.The event is open to online Qualification at the moment and thats all i can say at the moment if that change as i said i will let u know .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

CHD wrote: »
    Eh its a tourny in Ireland that Big Slick and Connie are involved in. Thought that would have been obvious.

So what, if people cannot buyin its of no benefit to boards.ie users which is the whole point of this forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

mdwexford wrote: »
    So what, if people cannot buyin its of no benefit to boards.ie users which is the whole point of this forum.
    Yeah it is, you can sat in and get the train or drive to a big tourny.

I don't like the whole sats only thing, but it still deserves to be here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Lets be straight to the point with yourself richie

1.U will not play anyhow even though u will show interest and put ur name down same as the last event in Killarney

Dont start with me Kelly, im making a point not attacking you so dont you dare start having a go at me ok

Macspower wrote: »
    watch this turn into the U turn of the year!!

more cases of Foot Shooting IMO

my plan was to lodge 100 on laddies and then just buy in if I didn't qulify with my 100..

won't even bother with the 100 now

Hey Macs ,

Ladbrokes are not saying that Direct Buy ins will not be availble just that they are not available at the moment. If the allocation that they have is not used then it will be opened to the Direct buy in i i am sure .

Again i have to stress we at Big Slick or the Cue Club have no control over this as we are only the operators of the event

Regards

Neill

• Advertisement

Yeah it is, you can sat in and get the train or drive to a big tourny.

I don't like the whole sats only thing, but it still deserves to be here.

What you on about train or drive to a big tourney?

Meh its debatable, sat thing seems crazy though, fair enough qualify as many as possible online but you have to allow buyins, not sure why they didnt go with 2 day 1's if demand was this high.

Dont start with me Kelly, im making a point not attacking you so dont you dare start having a go at me ok

I made my point also richie . This is a forum u are entitled to respond but for once im responding to yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

I made my point also richie . This is a forum u are entitled to respond but for once im responding to yourself

Your trying to make it personal, dont. Now remove your point about me, i never mentioned you.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Please stop arguing on thread, take it to PM or msn or similar. Also, the 'whether this is allowed or not' point is a moderation issue which we will discuss if we deem it appropriate.

not sure why they didnt go with 2 day 1's if demand was this high.

We put this to Ladbrokes Mick but they did not see the benefit as the event works the way it is They hotel can also only cater 800+ so its no benifit to them either. This suggestion is great if Ladbrokes agreed we could accomadate everyone .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Hi Mick,
    There will be "x" amount of direct buy-ins, but whether that will be enough to satisfy the hunger of the Irish poker public is another question.

Neil is being honest with the boards.ie members in that direct buy in seats are as of yet, not made available to us. We have been allocated seats for 10 operators in different parts of the country (16 for each) so far + an allocation for the tournament operators, Cue Club and Big Slick. I would expect more to come but until such time as we are informed of that then theres not much more we can do.

You can be sure that we will do our upmost to ensure our fellow fembers on boards.ie get to play in the festival.

I know that last year, Ladbrokes had to refuse loyal customers of theirs who wanted to buy in to the tourney during the last week or two as it had by then,been completely sold out. So I expect the delay in releasing "lots" of direct buy-in tickets is to ensure they can look after their customers.

Connie

Why was the winning formula from last year not deemed good enough this year?

Are Ladbrokes players more important than people who would rather not play a satellite for this?

Personally speaking, if I am going to play an event around the 500 or under mark I will never play a satellite as it will only cost more if you don't actually win a seat.

With a mod hat on, I have deleted a few crap arguing posts after my last warning. I don't care who started it, arguing is not good for threads. Posting questions and getting answers is.

Yeah i understand your position Connie. I suppose it makes sense from their point of view to get new players to sign up to try and qualify and then end up playing on the site, live players dont put money in Ladbrokes pocket.

Seems to be huge demand though, could easily get 1200+ players if they can fill 800 on online sats.

Yeah i understand your position Connie. I suppose it makes sense from their point of view to get new players to sign up to try and qualify and then end up playing on the site, live players dont put money in Ladbrokes pocket.

Seems to be huge demand though, could easily get 1200+ players if they can fill 800 on online sats.

Hi Mick,

There wont be 800 filled in online satts. My guess is that it will be half and half, or close enough to that. You can be sure that ladbrokes will allow their customers to direct buy at some stage.
    But I think they want to see how the weekly satts are going, make sure they keep enough seats so that their customers who dont satt in can get a chance to buy a seat. I know how dis-appointed they were last year when they had to say no to some very good customers because all seats had at that stage been sold. I think that's what they are trying to avoid this year.

We could have filled 1200 last year imho, and could easily surpass that this year if a decision was taken to go with 2 x day 1's. But for whatever reasons, it was decided not to change something that was working.

Connie

connie147 wrote: »
    Hi Mick,

There wont be 800 filled in online satts. My guess is that it will be half and half, or close enough to that. You can be sure that ladbrokes will allow their customers to direct buy at some stage.
    But I think they want to see how the weekly satts are going, make sure they keep enough seats so that their customers who dont satt in can get a chance to buy a seat. I know how dis-appointed they were last year when they had to say no to some very good customers because all seats had at that stage been sold. I think that's what they are trying to avoid this year.

We could have filled 1200 last year imho, and could easily surpass that this year if a decision was taken to go with 2 x day 1's. But for whatever reasons, it was decided not to change something that was working.

Connie

Apart from the registration method?

5starpool wrote: »
    Why was the winning formula from last year not deemed good enough this year?

Are Ladbrokes players more important than people who would rather not play a satellite for this?

Personally speaking, if I am going to play an event around the 500 or under mark I will never play a satellite as it will only cost more if you don't actually win a seat.

Hi Dom,
    I dont think they're going to vary too much from last years winning formula, except they are going to make sure that they keep enough tickets for their customers this year, a mistake they made last year and one they are not going to repeat.

When we spoke with them about the possibility of doing 2 x day 1's, the main arguement against it was why change something thats working?

And I suppose, to Ladbrokes, Ladbrokes players are more important than peolpe who aren't. That must be pretty natural for any buisness.

Connie

If that is the position then so be it. Not many Ladbrokes regulars here though I'd guess.

Apart from the registration method?

Last year, a €250,000 guarantee for a €500 buy in, was a big risk to take, and with it being Ladbrokes 1st foray into the Irish live market, they were happy to allow us as operators to get as many seats out as we could in off-line satts and buy-ins to ensure the guarantee was met and at one stage, thought we wouldnt sell enough seats to meet the guarantee.

I presume that this year, they would be much less nervous about meeting the guarantee and having made the mistake last year of releasing all tickets for sale,(and maybe being surprised at the amount of people who were going to directly buy-in) and finding themselves with no tickets left with 2 weeks to go and lots of loyal Ladbrokes customers trying to buy into the tournament and they having to say no to them, then they were not going to get caught this year, hense the delay in releasing direct buy-in seats.

Hope I'm not repeating myself here,

Connie

If that is the position then so be it. Not many Ladbrokes regulars here though I'd guess.

Dont know really Dom, but theres lots of people here I'd consider regulars and friends,(as would Neil), and we will do our upmost to make sure these people are looked after.

connie

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ukpoker

I dont think they're going to vary too much from last years winning formula, except they are going to make sure that they keep enough tickets for their customers this year, a mistake they made last year and one they are not going to repeat.

Connie,

I am a Ladbrokes player, signed up to their site and bought in last year for the Kilarney event directly via their poker room online. This option is currently NOT available for this years event!

Surely, as a customer of Ladbrokes I am entitled to enter any event that Ladbrokes deem to put on, for their poker players, via ANY method I choose and not to be put into a cubby hole until THEY deem it necessary to allow me, the customer, to buy into an event the way I want to?

I think what the majority of people on this forum are saying is that its basically unfair that Ladbrokes do not allow a direct buy-in to an event and this should be addressed sooner rather than later!

:(

• Advertisement

ukpoker wrote: »

I think what the majority of people on this forum are saying is that its basically unfair that Ladbrokes do not allow a direct buy-in to an event and this should be addressed sooner rather than later!

How many times do i say this:D? , Ladbrokes are holding the seats first if they do not qualify there allocation they will release these to Direct buy ins. We can only go with what we are given.

Please direct all queries to Jo Sherring, Ladbrokes Events on +44 1372 277 722 or irishfestival@ladbrokespoker.com

If it was myself and Connie we would have put 2 days on but this is a ladbrokes event first and foremost and they call the shots .

Regards

Neill

ukpoker wrote: »
    Connie,

I am a Ladbrokes player, signed up to their site and bought in last year for the Kilarney event directly via their poker room online. This option is currently NOT available for this years event!

Surely, as a customer of Ladbrokes I am entitled to enter any event that Ladbrokes deem to put on, for their poker players, via ANY method I choose and not to be put into a cubby hole until THEY deem it necessary to allow me, the customer, to buy into an event the way I want to?

Hi there,
    Being a ladbrokes customer, you should definately follow neils advice and contact Jo Sheering who deals with all Ladbrokes customers. I'm sure she'll put you on the straight and narrow and let you know how you can buy your seat and ensure your participation.

Connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Nice and early with the advertising, good to see.

When are satellites kicking off so? I might take a stab at this one, and where are the satellites being allocated? The Cue Club, Macau? Does the Fitz in Luimneach get some? I find myself in good ol Stab a lot in recent weeks.

Also, Connie: What's the poker scéal in The Cue Club this Saturday? And is it still where it was before the fire since I haven't been in there since 2007.

I think Ladbrokes are shooting themselves in the foot a bit here in fairness, and I hope they get to read some of the comments on here.

If this sells out via sats and (I presume) a mailshot to their regular costomers offering direct buyin at some stage, which this event is likely to do, a lot of Irish who went to this last year (I didn't but had planned to buy in direct until running/playing bad stopped me) and some others, won't be able to get into it this year.

I had planned on registering on Ladbrokes, maybe playing 1 satellite (I don't agree generally with playing satellites for events I would buy into anyhow) and then registering online there. However this seems like it is not going to happen this year.

I am very disappointed with this approach and Ladbrokes could easily solve this by having 2 day 1 events. I don't know if there would be enough demand for 2 days of 800, but I would say there would definitely be enough for 2 days of 500+ once it is possible from a hotel point of view of course.

There are a lot of people who would not play a satellite for an event but would just buy in direct to it, and this is going to put a lot out I'd imagine.

I hope people that have Ladbrokes accounts email their dissatifcation as it is clear that they hold the power in this.

lee_arama wrote: »
    Nice and early with the advertising, good to see.

When are satellites kicking off so? I might take a stab at this one, and where are the satellites being allocated? The Cue Club, Macau? Does the Fitz in Luimneach get some? I find myself in good ol Stab a lot in recent weeks.

Also, Connie: What's the poker scéal in The Cue Club this Saturday? And is it still where it was before the fire since I haven't been in there since 2007.

Yeah, the Fitz in Limerick will have tickets for this.

The game in the club on a Saturday is a €35 +5 Freeze-out, 7,500 chips, 20 min clock with all blinds included, 100% pay-out, same location. 9pm start.

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

How many times do i say this:D? , Ladbrokes are holding the seats first if they do not qualify there allocation they will release these to Direct buy ins. We can only go with what we are given.

Please direct all queries to Jo Sherring, Ladbrokes Events on +44 1372 277 722 or irishfestival@ladbrokespoker.com

If it was myself and Connie we would have put 2 days on but this is a ladbrokes event first and foremost and they call the shots .

Regards

Neill

Instead of constantly repeating yourself why don't you take on board some of the feedback that has been posted here...

what makes you a ladbrooks customer? Surely as it is a online reg everyone is a laddies customer...

Also is this still a destination killarney event? If so the whole idea of the event was to bring as many people to Killarney as possible then the more the merrier ... just accommodate the needs... Killarney is the accommodation capital of Ireland and catering for them shouldn't be a problem..

Anyway thats their decision... I'm more concerned that I spend my few bob on laddies trying to win a seat and then If I fail (likely) and try to buy in I can't/won't be able to...

what they are basically saying is that they try to sell all seats in sats if they can and if not they will sell some to their own customers and then throw the few remaining ones to the ordinary punters.. I really don't like the idea...

Instead of constantly pointing us to this Joe lad why don't you point him to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Instead of constantly pointing us to this Joe lad why don't you point him to us?

Just had to quote that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

What you on about train or drive to a big tourney?

Meh its debatable, sat thing seems crazy though, fair enough qualify as many as possible online but you have to allow buyins, not sure why they didnt go with 2 day 1's if demand was this high.
    I agree with the 2nd part of your post. The train drive thing means anyone in Ireland can reach this handily enough, so it deserves to be here(on boards). I hate the sat in thing even though the only way i'd play this is satting in prob, but it defo deserves to be here.

I can't remember why im writing this. Bulmers pint bottles FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I agree with the 2nd part of your post. The train drive thing means anyone in Ireland can reach this handily enough, so it deserves to be here(on boards). I hate the sat in thing even though the only way i'd play this is satting in prob, but it defo deserves to be here.

You try getting to Killarney from Waterford by train! "Easy" is probably the last word you're thinking of to describe the journey when you're sitting in a single commuter carriage trudging its way up to Limerick in the freezing cold and then sitting on the platform of some station that's in the middle of nowhere with nothing for company other than tumbleweeds and hicks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

10% off FTW, no coinage change from a tenner, shweet on all accounts

as regards this thread i cant see there being more than a few hundred online qualifiers, kerry is quite out of the way for most europeans, a lot of hassle getting there, it's not like it's in dublin, so i think there will be enough direct buy ins for irish poker players willing to stump up 500 squid

Advertisement