Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes.com Irish Poker Festival Killarney 09- Official Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

corkie123 wrote: »
    thought ye went through all that last year with the rake lol

per hr is better than 5% capped 20 christ im not giving out about rebel club again about there 5% capped at 10 .:rolleyes::rolleyes:

hope ladbrokes english players dont complain like they did last year when ye had to change :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

start right and bring in same rake as last year ;);)

Hi Sean,
    The amazing thing is that last year, we started the festival raking by the half hour and after multiple complaints from the players, we were forced to change mid-stream and go 5%, capped ar 20. From then on, no more complaints about the rake!!
    That seems to be the standard festival rake in Ireland now. We have used it at the lakes of killarney festival for the last 2 years,Big Slick use that rake system at their festivals, Fox's game in waterford was the same I think and as far as I know, Poker events use the same system, so the players that play the festival games are aufe with the rake system.

So when you say "start right and use the same rake as last year", thats exactly what we are doing.

Connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

connie147 wrote: »
    Hi Sean,
    The amazing thing is that last year, we started the festival raking by the half hour and after multiple complaints from the players, we were forced to change mid-stream and go 5%, capped ar 20. From then on, no more complaints about the rake!!
    That seems to be the standard festival rake in Ireland now. We have used it at the lakes of killarney festival for the last 2 years,Big Slick use that rake system at their festivals, Fox's game in waterford was the same I think and as far as I know, Poker events use the same system, so the players that play the festival games are aufe with the rake system.

So when you say "start right and use the same rake as last year", thats exactly what we are doing.

Connie

jesus connie but it seems your old memory is getting bad in your old age m8

as i did not come down to killarney last year till Saturday which is when both you and niall told me that ye brought in rake per hr because there was complains about the rake of 5% capped at 20 from all the english players to ye and ladbrokes Friday night .
    rake per 1\2 hr is what i paid when i played cash there that day not the other way around that u are trying to say .

i complement ye for doing it then because its was so player friendly and i think i posted it on boards .

so please don't try to tell me it was the other way around and just say that ye want to make as much money as the rest do off there punters please

sean

ps the tread i was on about was on 6/10/2008
    not having the knowledge to bring it here lol may be someone could find it and put it up

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

Ollieboy wrote: »

I also thought the law was change that you couldn't rake at tables and only charge a player rate by the hour etc.

And since when was there any laws in Ireland on how, when and what you can rake a pot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Lets be straight to the point with yourself richie

1.U will not play anyhow even though u will show interest and put ur name down same as the last event in Killarney
    I made my point also richie . This is a forum u are entitled to respond but for once im responding to yourself
    Had seats held for u richie i take it u cant make seeing the cut off is tm for payment

Neill

1st of all. I have not spoken to you or Connie about Killarney, I didn't play last year and don't as yet intend playing this year, your claim that I showed interest and you held seats for me came from a 3rd party. I DID NOT contact any of you about it.

Now you have had several digs at me about putting my name down and not showing up, as above quotes are quite obvious digs at me. And you started again when I commented on the rake. You can take it that I'm interested when I hand over the cash.

Now, this morning I have recieved a barrage of abusive phonecalls, insulting me, calling me names and cursing me for the fact that I have not payed the entry for Killarney festival. The person did a ridiculosly bad job of disguising there voice. At the moment I'll just say it was a Waterford person. I've passed the info on to the proper
    people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Moro Man wrote: »
    And since when was there any laws in Ireland on how, when and what you can rake a pot?

I thought 2 years ago there was some sort of agreement, maybe not a law on how rake would be operated, which was charging by the 1/2 hour etc. I remember reading this on a Fitz thread or something, I'm sure I'm totally wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Won my seat for this last night. Looking forward to it now. All i need now is accomodation any recomendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Won my seat for this last night. Looking forward to it now. All i need now is accomodation any recomendations?

Just booked a room in the valley suites hotel for €59 for Fri night with option of Sat night for same. Says it's in town centre so can't go far wrong (hopefully!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

1st of all. I have not spoken to you or Connie about Killarney, I didn't play last year and don't as yet intend playing this year, your claim that I showed interest and you held seats for me came from a 3rd party. I DID NOT contact any of you about it.

Now you have had several digs at me about putting my name down and not showing up, as above quotes are quite obvious digs at me. And you started again when I commented on the rake. You can take it that I'm interested when I hand over the cash.

Now, this morning I have recieved a barrage of abusive phonecalls, insulting me, calling me names and cursing me for the fact that I have not payed the entry for Killarney festival. The person did a ridiculosly bad job of disguising there voice. At the moment I'll just say it was a Waterford person. I've passed the info on to the proper
    people.

I Was not insulting u in anyway Richie Mick asked me to hold seats for u lorcan and himself thats all .. Dunno what the phone call thing is about but deffo laughable and sad , The rake is 5% capped at €20

Im not saying anything here against u ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Froet

I'm staying at the riverside hotel, 4 stars, rooms are very nice and spacious and its pretty cheap I only paid 326 euro for 4 nights. Its 100m away from gleneagle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

people

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Popcorn ready

people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 BridgeClub

BRIDGE CLUB Banbridge will have 20 players down . and were all buzzing . we have booked houses that sleep 7 people for e500 per house for 4 nights DEAL OR WHAT . good luck from Bridge club to all players make it a good 1

BridgeClub wrote: »
    BRIDGE CLUB Banbridge will have 20 players down . and were all buzzing . we have booked houses that sleep 7 people for e500 per house for 4 nights DEAL OR WHAT . good luck from Bridge club to all players make it a good 1

Hi Guys ,

Can someone from the Club call me later please

• Registered Users Posts: 18 HauleyBear

There are special rates available in these self-catering apartments, for anyone still looking for accommodation in Killarney for the Ladbrokes festival Oct 1st-4th.

Killarney Haven: 1 bed apartments located in the town centre
    Rookery Mews: 1 & 2 bedroom apartments located just outside town

Both complexes are 4min drive or 15/20 min walking distance from the Gleneagles hotel

Tel: (064) 6633570 (9am-1pm Mon-Fri)

Poker Rates:
    Killarney Haven (1 Bed Apartments)

2 nights: (Sleep 2) €120
    .............(Sleep 3/4) €150
    3 nights: (Sleep 2) €170
    .............(Sleep 3/4) €210
    7 nights: (Sleep 2) €280
    .............(Sleep 3/4) €300

Rookery Mews (1 Bed + 2 Bed Apartments)

2 nights: (1 Bed Apt) €120
    .............(2 Bed Apt) €164
    3 nights: (1 Bed Apt) €170
    .............(2 Bed Apt) €220
    7 nights: (1 Bed Apt) €280
    .............(2 Bed Apt) €330

See ye there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

Hi Guys ,

Can someone from the Club call me later please

Neill

pm sent, can you contact me

thanks

Derek

Neill

pm sent, can you contact me

thanks

Derek

No Pm Recieved mate call me tm ... I could not get through to ur old number only one i have

corkie123 wrote: »
    jesus connie but it seems your old memory is getting bad in your old age m8

as i did not come down to killarney last year till Saturday which is when both you and niall told me that ye brought in rake per hr because there was complains about the rake of 5% capped at 20 from all the english players to ye and ladbrokes Friday night .
    rake per 1\2 hr is what i paid when i played cash there that day not the other way around that u are trying to say .

i complement ye for doing it then because its was so player friendly and i think i posted it on boards .

so please don't try to tell me it was the other way around and just say that ye want to make as much money as the rest do off there punters please

sean

ps the tread i was on about was on 6/10/2008
    not having the knowledge to bring it here lol may be someone could find it and put it up

Hi Sean,
    I'm passing this on to Matt Dobbins who was in charge of the cash room last year and he will be able to clear that up.
    All I know is there was some problem with raking by time and we switched the system. But I really cant verify what the switch was, but I'm sure Matt will.

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Win your way to Killarney tonight (Friday 25th) in the Poker Room Celbridge's last Super Awesome Mega Satellite!!

€20 entry with 2 rebuys/topups for €50.

Half 8 start.

3k starting stack, 1k early bird before 20:20.

6k each for the rebuys.

See you all there!! :D

Hi Sean,
    I'm passing this on to Matt Dobbins who was in charge of the cash room last year and he will be able to clear that up.
    All I know is there was some problem with raking by time and we switched the system. But I really cant verify what the switch was, but I'm sure Matt will.

Connie

Hi Connie,

I remember it been the other way around were you move to charging by time and not rake. I asked a few people last night they thought the same.

Hopefully I'll be in the main event all week so it wont make any difference to me...lol

Ollie

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Hi Connie,

I remember it been the other way around were you move to charging by time and not rake. I asked a few people last night they thought the same.

Hopefully I'll be in the main event all week so it wont make any difference to me...lol

Ollie

Hi Ollie,
    I spoke with Matt and he tells me that we started last years festival raking by time and taking it from the various pots. Following numerous complaints from players, it was changed. We still raked by time, but changed it to collecting every half hour from the player instead of from the pots.
    We still got grief from players who didnt realise what rake was until they had to pay every half hour out of their stacks.
    To avoid that grief this year, it has been decided to go with the standard festival rake in Ireland, and we will be very transparent with it and have it well advertised in the cash room.

So maybe sean is right and my memory is fading with age!!

Connie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Hi Ollie,
    I spoke with Matt and he tells me that we started last years festival raking by time and taking it from the various pots. Following numerous complaints from players, it was changed. We still raked by time, but changed it to collecting every half hour from the player instead of from the pots.
    We still got grief from players who didnt realise what rake was until they had to pay every half hour out of their stacks.
    To avoid that grief this year, it has been decided to go with the standard festival rake in Ireland, and we will be very transparent with it and have it well advertised in the cash room.

So maybe sean is right and my memory is fading with age!!

Connie
    But your still a cute hoor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Looking forward to this event, I've got my ticket I'll start looking for accomadation this weekend.
    I had one run in with a dealer last year that annoyed and yet amused me. There was a rule at the cash tables that your hand is dead when you are on the phone. So I get a text, and start reading through my other text, on my BB the delaer reaches over to me and grabs my cards declaring my cards dead. NO PHONE? I said don't be rediculous I'm reading texts.
    He said NO PHONE in a broad Kerry accent. Would you feck off I sez, that rule is for being on a call not texting.
    YER NOT IN DUBLIN NOW BOY, he sez. I nearly fell off my chair laughing but I called the floor guy over who backed up his dealer. I left the table went up to the floor guy and said are you serious? He replies, I have to back up my dealers publicly but he was wrong. LOL. I look forward to more of the same crazyness.

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Looking forward to this event, I've got my ticket I'll start looking for accomadation this weekend.
    I had one run in with a dealer last year that annoyed and yet amused me. There was a rule at the cash tables that your hand is dead when you are on the phone. So I get a text, and start reading through my other text, on my BB the delaer reaches over to me and grabs my cards declaring my cards dead. NO PHONE? I said don't be rediculous I'm reading texts.
    He said NO PHONE in a broad Kerry accent. Would you feck off I sez, that rule is for being on a call not texting.
    YER NOT IN DUBLIN NOW BOY, he sez. I nearly fell off my chair laughing but I called the floor guy over who backed up his dealer. I left the table went up to the floor guy and said are you serious? He replies, I have to back up my dealers publicly but he was wrong. LOL. I look forward to more of the same crazyness.

Willie, that was one of your dreams, your never right....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭rx8

I'll start looking for accomadation this weekend.

So you'll be staying it Tralee or Ballduff or somewhere like that !! lol;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

Anyone not booked yet, Go to hotels.com, still plenty left in the town at a reasonable rate.

just booked a place to lay down the head, 2 nights for 69 quid plus breakfast.

Connie will I be raped in my sleep? (hoping, hoping) It's the Lime and Lemon. Why so cheap?

Connie will I be raped in my sleep? (hoping, hoping) It's the Lime and Lemon. Why so cheap?

2508636644_9e072a2a09.jpg?v=0

2508636644_9e072a2a09.jpg?v=0

thanks for spotting that. Jaysus how did I book Longford. Quick cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Where did you get such a deal??

• Advertisement

Where did you get such a deal??

BOOKING.COM on daweb

Advertisement