Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband without TV

Options
  • 09-06-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

I currently have UPC cable TV & UPC Ultra BB. I'm switching back over to sky TV and was wondering is it ok to cancel the TV part of the subscription and just keep the broadband Ultra or is there bound to be hidden costs or something I should know about?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

HungryJoey wrote: »
    I currently have UPC cable TV & UPC Ultra BB. I'm switching back over to sky TV and was wondering is it ok to cancel the TV part of the subscription and just keep the broadband Ultra or is there bound to be hidden costs or something I should know about?

Thanks.

You can cancel your UPC TV at any time after your current 12 month contract. I say current because if you have changed your TV plan, UPC may put you onto another 12 monther but not sure. Once out of contract, there should be no charge. You may have to give 20 days notice.

You can just have broadband but they will charge you full whack rather than the budle price you are paying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Been with this basic package for as long as I can remember! I don't think we're on any bundle pack as we're paying 40 / month for 20mb and another 30 on top for TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

They charge a fee for getting broadband on its own, so you'll be paying €48 a month instead of €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

However cheapest DSL inc line rental is about 50 Euro pm and slower.

Advertisement