Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 1100 but with colour screen

• 09-06-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hi there

am trying to replace (to exactly replace- if possible - got a couple of new ones since - they're crap) my old phone, just not sure what model it was, bought it in 2006 when it was more or less bottom of the range

it looks exactly like this

http://www.esato.com/phones/index.php/phone=190

but it had a colour screen and there was a limited WAP application

I can't seem to find the exact match

any ideas? which model is it, can't see it in this list:

http://www.esato.com/phones/index.php/mobile=nokia,m=2

thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭ergo

I actually picked up a cheap 1208 last week

like the idea of it in theory but for texts the screen is very cramped - can only see 3 short lines of text in 1 screen

the calender doesn't show the full month in 1 screen - just 2 weeks, it felt like a step backwards from my 2006 phone - and they started making the 1208 in 2007!

AND, the stupid thing won't ring when people ring me, I need to take it back to the shop but am very curious to find out what number model my old phone was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Colours of the housing?, same buttons as the 1100? Was it a monoblock phone like the 1100, not flip

What type colour screen was it, the new active ones or the older passive one?

Can you remember what network you bought it on?

This the one by any chance: (nokia 1101)
    1101.jpg

try the Nokia 1112 or maybe the 1600

Davy wrote: »
    Colours of the housing?, same buttons as the 1100? Was it a monoblock phone like the 1100, not flip

What type colour screen was it, the new active ones or the older passive one?

Can you remember what network you bought it on?

This the one by any chance: (nokia 1101)
    1101.jpg

try the Nokia 1112 or maybe the 1600

same buttons as the 1110 in the first link I posted, same silver housing

I'd say it was an older type colour screen, default date on phone was 2006

bought it in April 2006 in a Vodafone shop on a pay as you go basis

it's not the 1101, mine has a straight edge, I knew a lot of people with the same phone as I'm describing around that time,

not the 1112 either as that is monochrome, not the 1600 as the buttons on the one I'm looking for are flat and not raised and it had no polyphonic ring tones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

6030...maybe..
    6030-2.jpg

Good site here for checking phones and release dates.
    http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/date/q1-2006.html

• Advertisement

OK, thanks for all the suggestions

managed to find my old battered phone and look on the inside of the case and it turns out it's the ..............

Nokia 3120

3613220907_172ec13228_o.jpg

this is distinct from the 3120 Classic

seems it's older than I thought: 2004, and it does have polyphonic ring tones

might pick up one as a stop-gap til I find a new model I actually like, thanks again for the suggestions

Advertisement