Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help , Fiat Talento/Hymer Owners

• 09-06-2009 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    Just Purchased a Fiat Talento and have no Paper work , manual etc
    Absolutely no idea if the Heater , shower and Boiler Work
    I dont Know what Setting the Batteries need toBe on to use these and wondering does the Alternator charge the Leisure battery or do you need to charge just From mains
    If any one can share some light on these issues or send me a copy of their manual it would be much appreciated
    1991 fiat talento-- Hymer Body 3/4 berth Ducato chassis 1.9 diesel
    Apologies for my ignorance but only new to all this
    Bought camper and Now Car and Motorbike giving me problems - so no time to just play around with my new van
    Any Help or info would be appreciated
    Leixlip area

Donal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

moved this to a new thread for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I recall that I googled the manuals for the water heater, water pump, fridge, toilet and heater and got them mostly from the manufacturers websites if that's any help.

*Kol* wrote: »
    I recall that I googled the manuals for the water heater, water pump, fridge, toilet and heater and got them mostly from the manufacturers websites if that's any help.

Yepp ...it was you who put up this very helpful link first

http://www.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma-Katalog/index_gb.html?&language=en_gb&dataLanguage=en_gb

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dannyboy1

Thanks a mill for your help
    any ideas on the Owners manual - can you get this from Fiat or Hymer ??

Much appreciated

Donal

Hymer would be the ones ...Fiat only supply the engine and chassis to Hymer (or whoever else) to build the complete camper.

If you don't have any luck getting a manual, stick up a few pictures of the things that confuzzle you most and we'll walk you through it.

• Advertisement

youre a saint :)
    regards
    Donal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Danny - yes the alternator (usually) charges the leisure battery too. To avoid your usage of the living area electrics running the starter battery down, and to avoid having the leisure battery involved in starting the engine (which it is not designed to do) there is usually a relay that only connects the leisure battery to the alternator and starter battery circuit when the alternator is running. The mains adapter charges the leisure battery, but not normally (ever??) does it charge the starter battery.

Re your questions and manuals - Hymer owners are very (some would say insanely) proud of being Hymer owners! Your best bet would be to look out for another Hymer (usually easy to spot as they travel and camp in packs) and stop and ask them. Despite my joking they do seem to be a helpful lot so will give you lots of information and tips. As Hymer is German it is also quite likely they will have kept every scrap of information provided and might even be willing to scan in manuals for you.

Tip - dig out the exact Hymer model number - it will be something like 5xx - it means more to the community than the Fiat bit - and off you go Googling. There's lots of stuff on Motorhomefacts.com and Motorhomefun.co.uk.

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-5645.html

I don't know a lot about Hymers but most likely the stuff used is the same as the rest of us - Truma boilers and heaters, Thetford loos etc. 10 minutes with someone who has a a van with these items will give you a wealth of information. For instance you do need to know to NOT attempt to run the Truma boiler (not the heater) without first removing the cover that is OUTSIDE the van, and to be sure it is full of water (which involves making sure a valve is closed.....) .... in fact don't try to use it until you talk to someone! And preferably have your spouse with you at the time - you will get information overload and a few days later you will have difficulty remembering it all.

The heater and the gas rings you will probably work out - push and hold until the gas is lit for a few seconds etc - usual stuff - the fridge can be more tricky - depends on how old it is - "down" is usually "off" for the 12v/220v/gas ignition switches - you may have to press the gas knob in for 20 or more seconds while the igniter is firing....

The control box - most likely there will be a rocker switch with tank 1 and tank 2 on it - this tells you if the fresh water tank is 1/4, 1/2 full etc, and ditto the "grey" (waste) water tank level.
    Another rocker switch will show the charge level on the starter battery and the leisure battery.
    Might be some fuses or ELCB's in it too.
    Somewhere in the van (maybe not obvious) there will be a mains isolating switch and ELCB - important to find it if your van does not seem to be getting juice when plugged in.
    Note the loo is COMPLETELY separate from the fresh and waste water system. Again 5 mins with someone to show you the technique for the Thetford loo would be time well spent.

dowtchaboy
    Soo happy to have joined this Forum
    Info like this is exactly what I needed
    Got mechanic to give it a once over and set my mind to rest _ didnt buy a dog of a van ( thank God )
    Back shocks and Front nearside Bearing maybe need some work
    Told this should not set me back too much Cash
    Any recommendation of garage or or camper dealer who are reasonable for this type of Work ??

Regards and Very much appreciated

Donal

Advertisement