Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone listening to Liveline?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Family go to hotel for holiday in Orlando Florida but the venue is also hosting a "gay" event results all sorts unfolding in front of 4 kids. The caller not dissing the gay revellers rather the holliday organisers who got it in the neck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭anoisaris

No, missed it-what was said what kind of event was it, pride or something? Ah if I was on a family holiday I wouldn't want my family and kids housed with drunken revellers (regardless of their sexuality) in fairness. Big difference between kids seeing same sex couples walking in parade and the drunken carry-on that could go on at any event!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

mike65 wrote: »
    "gay" event results all sorts unfolding in front of 4 kids.
    What sorts?

Bad buzz to go on a family holiday and find any sort of drunken / overblown party going on in the hotel... but do you think the parents were just "scared of all the homosexuals" or was it actually something to complain about?

i.e. take out the 'gay' and was there still something to complain about?

Just curious really.. I didn't hear the program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

It seems to have been this, a gay convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Gay Days is a pretty well regarded event. I'm not sure but hard to say without being there on what the flavour of the event is. I know the hotels in Palm Springs that host events for the White Party and the Dinah Shore weekend warn on their website that a "lifestyle" event is happening on the weekend in question.

I have to say that its hard to know what really was going on. When I was at the Dinah, one hotel was quite low key, and there not being big events on during the day was harmless enough, but the other had enormous pool parties with women stripping off and go-go dancers that would be very unsuitable for families. I doubt, however, this was happening at Disney. Plus its a big place. The promoter may not have been aware however, the hotel may not have informed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

The programme is here at http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_liveline.xml if you fancy listening to it.

The "gay" woman from Enniskillen was a bit embarassing. I see her point about not being demonstrative in public, but I have to say it got increasingly infuriating that nobody pointed out that quite frequently hets can behave lewdly and graphically in public, and often are appallingly behaved in hotels on holidays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement