Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2- I'm recieving other peoples private MMS!!

• 09-06-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Bear with me...this is unbelieveable...

So i've arranged to get a picture message of a new car from a mate so i call him and he says he's gonna send it now...

I get the little 'downloading mms' icon, and in it comes...thats when **** gets weird...the number listed as sender, i dont know. i texted them and told them what was goin on but they were 13 or something and the 'lol idk a/s/l?' bull**** was getting me nowhere
    so i start gathering info, and the listed recipients number ISNT MINE, Sender unknown to me, recipient is an unknown number
    the messages download but i recieve a service unavailable message...presumably because its not MY number listed as recipient..

after 2 fruitless calls to O2 where i handed over every iota of info (my buddy did it too- and was practically called a drooling moron for thinking this was even possible!) i am more confused than ever

so now i begin a 5 day wait and was just wondering if ye sagely folk had ever encountered anything so ****ed up, and where did my mates picture message end up! :S

i have sent myself the relevant settings and even wiped the phone but this keeps happening, i have been able to recieve/send MMS as early as two days ago, it has apparently risen today

*****short version*****
    mate sends me an MMS, i open it and im not the recipient, and the sender isnt my mate, these messages are blank and the effect is still there when i mail myself! any thoughts? is privacy a worry?

thanks for (possibly!) reading guys,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I don't know what happened to your mate's mms but most likely the kid sent his message to the wrong person and it's just a coincidence that your mate sent you one at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 14 drbrezo

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I don't know what happened to your mate's mms but most likely the kid sent his message to the wrong person and it's just a coincidence that your mate sent you one at the same time

i work in tech support , so i appreciate what you're saying...but i can MMS myself, and the message shows as from someone else, with a 3rd party as the recipient

eg. i am 0867 i send a message to myself

ooo a new msg from 0859, open message details, recipent 0874

the same is now true for my mate

its freakin bizarre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

drbrezo wrote: »
    i work in tech support , so i appreciate what you're saying...but i can MMS myself, and the message shows as from someone else, with a 3rd party as the recipient

eg. i am 0867 i send a message to myself

ooo a new msg from 0859, open message details, recipent 0874

the same is now true for my mate

its freakin bizarre

Ah right I thought this was a one off occurrence. Call 1850 601 740. That's the data support team and they should be able to help you. Or PM Talk2O2: Daryll who works for O2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

That is fairly strange. Maybe give the guys in cirencester or where ever they're supports based a call! :confused:

That is fairly strange. Maybe give the guys in cirencester or where ever they're supports based a call! :confused:

Stop thread****ting!!!

8182ums.jpg

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Ah right I thought this was a one off occurrence. Call 1850 601 740. That's the data support team and they should be able to help you. Or PM Talk2O2: Daryll who works for O2

thanks a million i'll give it a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

This topic is so familiar I can't remember why though. I am going to ask the MMS guys and see what the story is. Hopefully they will get back to me with an answer to that and the problem with the 5800 at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

hmmm im got a text off some scottish guy this morning saying id sent him an mms and when he tried to open it, is said error...he text me at 8am asking who was i etc etc...very strange...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

IH8TXT:) wrote: »
    hmmm im got a text off some scottish guy this morning saying id sent him an mms and when he tried to open it, is said error...he text me at 8am asking who was i etc etc...very strange...

He sent a text with an accent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I cant belive no-oness asked if youve gotten anything nekkid?

• Advertisement
Advertisement