Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Confidence motion - a waste of Dail time surely?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

Is it realistic to speculate that the budget might not be carried due to some of the majority realising that the game is up and jumping ship because they know that if they support the budget that, in the eyes of the public, they're pretty much unelectable ever again and decide to try and salvage some iota of credibility at a late stage as an alternative to being totally fcuked?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

squonk wrote: »
    Is it realistic to speculate that the budget might not be carried due to some of the majority realising that the game is up and jumping ship because they know that if they support the budget that, in the eyes of the public, they're pretty much unelectable ever again and decide to try and salvage some iota of credibility at a late stage as an alternative to being totally fcuked?

Rats always leave a sinking ship.
    Sure didn't most of their councillors try and dissassociate themselves from the party for the local elections.

One FF councillor in Wicklow had big roadside ads with just his name and absolutely no reference to any party.
    He also informed me that FF were 95% decent people and the other parties were just as bad.
    Obviously the 5% are the ones that rise to the top and are elected representatives :rolleyes:

On the plus side he must be decent again, since he didn't get in :D

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

solice wrote: »
    Sher listen, the whole world and its mother was telling the govt that they need to change for the last couple of years and the taoiseachs response was that they should go and commit suicide. I dont for one assume that anyone in the current govt. has an i.q. greater than the number of council seats the green party has.

No offence but that is just a ridiculous self righteous post. I would be surprised if any of the front bench didnt have an IQ greater than yours based on that silly comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

jmayo wrote: »
    Rats always leave a sinking ship.
    Sure didn't most of their councillors try and dissassociate themselves from the party for the local elections.

One FF councillor in Wicklow had big roadside ads with just his name and absolutely no reference to any party.
    He also informed me that FF were 95% decent people and the other parties were just as bad.
    Obviously the 5% are the ones that rise to the top and are elected representatives :rolleyes:

On the plus side he must be decent again, since he didn't get in :D

Yeah sure Dermot Murray got elected onto the Balbriggan town council. He was the guy who put up posters dressed in his fireman's uniform declaring himself as 'Your Community Candidate' when in fact he was running for FF. To make matters worse he may have enlarged the logo on his uniform. I think that caught out a lot of people. Sadly he seems to have gotten elected. I think if you're going to go down the 'unbranded' road, then have the laithroidi to go the whole way and actually resign from the party you're standing for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

T runner wrote: »
    No offence but that is just a ridiculous self righteous post. I would be surprised if any of the front bench didnt have an IQ greater than yours based on that silly comment.

You are right and I apologise, I didnt mean any offence and I didnt intend to insult anyone, I retract my comment. I was trying to be funny but clearly the world isnt ready for me yet.

Note to self: Check Self Righteous-ometer reading!

Oh by the way, which bit wasnt funny? The bit about the greens only have 3 council seats? :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement