Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options

Options
  • 09-06-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm moving into a new place in Sandymount in the next couple of weeks (uncle doing us a deal on rent). Up to present I'd been living in Lucan and have NTL BB which has always been quick. I'm assessing my options for Sandymount as NTL don't seem to offer broadband there yet. They seem to be:

- BT (3Mb) €46.19
    - Eircom (3Mb) €50.11
    - Magnet (4Mb) €52

I'm sure all of those figures include line rental bar the Magent one which I *think* does. I seem to be stuck with getting DSL anyway. I'm not pushed on call packages and all that crap as my mobile does me fine.

Any advice/experience with these guys? I should mention that there's an existing line in the place with 3Mb broadband from Eircom. I have the option to have that transferred to my name but I'd need to do it tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

anthonymcg wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm moving into a new place in Sandymount in the next couple of weeks (uncle doing us a deal on rent). Up to present I'd been living in Lucan and have NTL BB which has always been quick. I'm assessing my options for Sandymount as NTL don't seem to offer broadband there yet. They seem to be:

- BT (3Mb) €46.19
    - Eircom (3Mb) €50.11
    - Magnet (4Mb) €52

I'm sure all of those figures include line rental bar the Magent one which I *think* does. I seem to be stuck with getting DSL anyway. I'm not pushed on call packages and all that crap as my mobile does me fine.

Any advice/experience with these guys? I should mention that there's an existing line in the place with 3Mb broadband from Eircom. I have the option to have that transferred to my name but I'd need to do it tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks in advance.

Magnet price is a little out of date, €55 (including line rental) for 10Mb with additional freebies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

anthonymcg wrote: »
    - BT (3Mb) €46.19
    - Eircom (3Mb) €50.11

BT is €42.67 excluding line rental and eircom is €30.11, also excluding line rental, both for 3Mbps. eircom is €40.16 for 7Mbps.

Advertisement