Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A use for election posters?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Just a thought, with all those election posters about to come down. Do you think that I could use them for a weed suppression layer under bark mulch for a path?
    I don't know how they would last, would they just disentegrate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dodser

Funny I was just thinking that they might be useful for the sides on a compost heap. They tend to be made of stronger material than they used to be. IE waterproof. Remember the old ones used to be made from cardboard and end up a soggy mess as soon as it rained!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 monke

no good for weed barrier because it will not let any water down to the plants. bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I think they are Corriboard, water proof,

Make a planter from em, clad in teak, cedar pressure treated wood etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

monke wrote: »
    no good for weed barrier because it will not let any water down to the plants. bad idea

I was thinking of just using them for a path, don't care about water not getting through, just lawn on either side.

@Dodser: Good idea - a few layers of these would insulate the heap too and speed things up, I wonder would you need to punch a few holes in it to let some air in?
    @k123456 Would you need to line cedar with anything?

If there's any left around I might try it out, though I think I might have missed my window of opportunity. Still there's always the general election after the summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

• Advertisement
Advertisement