Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon Treaty, full text.

Options
  • 09-06-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭

I'm tired of No voters saying they don't understand the Treaty or haven't even read the treaty. So I decided to post this:
    http://www.libertas.eu/docs/The_Lisbon_Treaty.pdf
    The reader friendly version of the Lisbon treaty.
    enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

From the Libertas site? I wonder if their version is, shall we say "modified"?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,398 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    enjoy.

and who reader friendlied it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Rabble

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I'm tired of No voters saying they don't understand the Treaty or haven't even read the treaty. So I decided to post this:
    http://www.libertas.eu/docs/The_Lisbon_Treaty.pdf
    enjoy.

Reader 'friendly' - cant be a legal text then!

Also far as I can remember a lot of damage was done for the Yes campaign by politicians advocating Yes but admitting they had not read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

and who reader friendlied it ?

Jens-Peter Bonde, as far as I recall.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭USE

This guy is participating in the June movement (highly eurosceptical) and is a member of Libertas. Now I wonder if he has managed to keep objectivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Jens-Peter Bonde wrote that ?
    Well in that case I'm begining to doubt it myself.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'm tired of Yes voters, including our own Taoiseach, saying they haven't read the treaty (and therefore are going on other peoples understanding alone).

Please do something about that.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Rb wrote: »
    I'm tired of Yes voters, including our own Taoiseach, saying they haven't read the treaty (and therefore are going on other peoples understanding alone).

Thanks.
    There's nothing at all wrong about going on somebody else's opinion if they are trustworthy and in a position to know what they're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

There's nothing at all wrong about going on somebody else's opinion if they are trustworthy and in a position to know what they're talking about.
    Oh and that would surely extend to impartial and without vested interest, right?

Because surely someone with a vested interest will have a biased opinion on it.

I'm sure many No voters drew their opinions on what trustworthy and educated friends/family said regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm tired of all voters, including our own Taoiseach, saying they haven't read the treaty (and therefore are going on other peoples understanding alone).

Thanks.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Oh and that would surely extend to impartial and without vested interest, right?

Because surely someone with a vested interest will have a biased opinion on it.

I'm sure many No voters drew their opinions on what trustworthy and educated friends/family said regardless.
    Trustworthy perhaps, educated? The polls sure don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

libertas - no thanks ill stick with the offical ones, cant trust one read by a no side version or a yes side either

calling people uneducated - how nice
    polls - care to mention or link to said polls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

If someone doesn't trust libertas and want to have the full text from credible source, here it is:

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/JOHtml.do?uri=OJ:C:2007:306:SOM:EN:HTML for HTML version

http://bookshop.europa.eu/eubookshop/download.action?fileName=FXAC07306ENC_002.pdf&eubphfUid=534817&catalogNbr=FX-AC-07-306-EN-C for downloadable PDF

Advertisement