Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Networks Handset Availability

• 09-06-2009 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi,

does anyone know how the networks here decide or are awarded new handsets? I'm really surprised that O2 here will have the new Nokia N97 seeing as they have the Iphone. Vodafone UK have the N97 so why not Vodafone IE? I'm happy with the price plans on Vodafone so would rather stay with them but will be getting an Iphone, N97 or Palm Pre which could all be on O2!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I found information that O2 won't initially be offering the Nokia N97, but this may change. In addition, the Palm Pre is supposedly going to be an O2 exclusive, however, that's simply conjecture at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

yea I understand that Voda UK would have different price plans because of size of market but with most products UK+IRL are usually lumped together. Guess they are not in this case. Haven't heard that Palm Pre is deffo on O2 hence the 'could', just from what I've read it seems they may have it - but again that could be O2 UK only.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I found information that O2 won't initially be offering the Nokia N97, but this may change. In addition, the Palm Pre is supposedly going to be an O2 exclusive, however, that's simply conjecture at the moment.

Again that's O2 UK. O2 Irl have confirmed here and on their own forums that they have N97 coming v soon. I was on to Vodafone cancelling my contract, advisor queried as to why I was cancelling so I mentioned I was interested in 3 phones above. She confirmed they wont have N97 or Iphone any time soon. Pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I thought Three would sell the N97 exclusively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

flodis79 wrote: »
    I thought Three would sell the N97 exclusively in MAY.

FYP :rolleyes:

Advertisement