Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W610i problem.

• 09-06-2009 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi Im hoping that some of you people can help me with this problem.
    I had a W610i that I had been given second hand until I broke it(smashed screen)
    So I got another w610i secondhand that was being used as a meteor phone(I am on meteor) and it wont find meteor, everytime i start it up it says no network coverage. I went into options and choose meteor as network priority 1 but it still wont find any coverage?
    Any advice/help? Im not much good with tech stuff so please keep it simple:)
    Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you tired your sim in another phone?

Where did you get the phone? Any chance it was reported stolen by previous owner, you could ring meteor and ask, just give them the imei number. *#06# tells you your imei number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

i had the same problem with my W610i. I did a firmware upgrade after my phone magically bricked its self, through the PC suite which made my phone unable to connect to meteors network. Sent it back to meteor after having an enormous fight with the fat bitch who works in meteor (Castletroy) Limerick, because she kept telling me that i have to buy a new phone (even though it was under warranty) and that "firmware upgrades are BAD for phones!"

anyway, meteor sent me a letter saying they had to send it back to Sony UK, which couldnt fix it to work with meteor again... they just sent me a new 1...

I did hours of research and came to the conclusion that Meteor's network doesnt support the new Software released by SE, which was made to stop people flashing their phones. (which is still uncrackable i believe)

my 2.5c worth

Advertisement