Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox man in Thomastown

Options
  • 09-06-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭

Who is the dude in Thomastown with the fox? Met him on Sunday but didn't get his name - nice guy by all accounts.

Foxman.jpg

'cptr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

You should read this thread from the photography forum from a while back.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055518884

Some cool snaps and a little background :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

i wonder why he carrys him on his head so much..its gorgeous isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

I forget the mans name but I know the fox is called Grainne! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jeege

He is all over the news today, somebody finally wrote in to the Kilkenny People with it - Must be a slow news week! Basically he spends his days walking around Thomastown with the fox on his shoulders, cute the first time you see it, but getting old now. Also, I think it has gotten to the stage that if he does not get his quota of stares and points by passers by per day, he feels quite hard done by. Get a hobby and out the fox down Patsy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

I'm from Thomastown and it kind of annoys me coz I think healthy foxes should be in the wild! All the tourists going "Ahhhhh a fox!" like it's the most amazing thing they have ever seen, like we have foxes at home too that we feed, one only has 3 legs, but that doesn't make me a celebrity!:confused: But still, as long as the fox is well looked after (which she seems to be) then I don't really see anything wrong with it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

Article about this man and his fox in the Kilkenny People this week if anyone's interested

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jameswburke

Patsy Gibbons is his name. Nice man

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

nicola09 wrote: »
    I'm from Thomastown and it kind of annoys me coz I think healthy foxes should be in the wild! All the tourists going "Ahhhhh a fox!" like it's the most amazing thing they have ever seen, like we have foxes at home too that we feed, one only has 3 legs, but that doesn't make me a celebrity!:confused: But still, as long as the fox is well looked after (which she seems to be) then I don't really see anything wrong with it!

Didn't he rescure the fox as a cub though?

It would have died had he not...reintroducing it to the wild after having contact with humans would most certainly mean it would be killed very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Jeege wrote: »
    Basically he spends his days walking around Thomastown with the fox on his shoulders, cute the first time you see it, but getting old now. Also, I think it has gotten to the stage that if he does not get his quota of stares and points by passers by per day, he feels quite hard done by. Get a hobby and out the fox down Patsy!

Chill out? As you would walk your dog he walks his fox. Hes fairly quite so i doubt he does it for attention. :confused:

Advertisement