Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packed lunches

Options
  • 09-06-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Any ideas for low kcal, high protein lunches?

I'm trying to lose a little bit of weight so my usual egg mayo salad or cheese sandwiches won't do. I eat everything except meat and have plenty of time to cook and prepare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

How about making a nice cous cous salad with seasonal veg?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Buckwheat noodle salad
    Buck wheat groats salad
    Quinoa salad
    cous cous salad
    For all the above mix and match your veggies or get on vegweb for ideas

Brown rice salad - lovely with dried cranberries and apple plus salad veggies
    Hummus/bean spreads/veggie pate with rice cakes/ryvitas
    Soup - homemade
    Wraps
    Leftovers

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Oooh wraps are a great idea- lots of filling compared to bread. I'm not sure if couscous is nutritious enough as I am only eating 1000-1200kcal/day so only protein foods and veggies for the next while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

I had a lovely recipe for a lentil salad thingy, but I'm not entirely sure where it is... it was very nice though and it definitely had lemon juice and little tomatoes in it, I just can't remember what else! Will post the recipe if I find it within the next few days... You might be able to find something similar on the internet though.

Cold bean salads are also a good plan, I find kidney beans and butter beans go well with red onions, red and yellow peppers and celery - put some fresh parsley in as well, and a mixture of lemon and lime juice as dressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Assorted vegetables with hummus dip is ideal if you're going low kcal high protein and don't have much time to prepare lunch. Cut celery, carrots and peppers into sticks and throw them in a lunchbox with your tub of hummus. Tasty, healthy and convenient!

• Advertisement
Advertisement