Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiences changing insurance companies?

• 09-06-2009 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi,

My insurance is up next month and after doing some mock quotes and some ringing around i can finally move from Quinn to another company which is the same price but offer more frills and i thought were/are better to deal with.

I hear that all i've to do to switch over is to obtain the certificate of no claims from Quinn which is on the back of an auto-renewal quote sheet that Quinn send out. - Is this true

Or

Do i have to hassle Quinn to get them to send out this cert. And why would they do this promptly - i could imagine this would be a nightmare, getting this cert off them.

Then i'd send this in by post/fax and to say, FBD, and signup with them

Is it that easy - what's other peoples experiences swapping insurance companies?

Cheers

N

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

nads wrote: »
    Hi,

My insurance is up next month and after doing some mock quotes and some ringing around i can finally move from Quinn to another company which is the same price but offer more frills and i thought were/are better to deal with.

I hear that all i've to do to switch over is to obtain the certificate of no claims from Quinn which is on the back of an auto-renewal quote sheet that Quinn send out. - Is this true

Or

Do i have to hassle Quinn to get them to send out this cert. And why would they do this promptly - i could imagine this would be a nightmare, getting this cert off them.

Then i'd send this in by post/fax and to say, FBD, and signup with them

Is it that easy - what's other peoples experiences swapping insurance companies?

Cheers

N

The NCB cert comes automatically with the renewal quote.You dotn have to ask them for anythign.

Dont let that get in the way of a bit of Quinn bashing though.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

I recently switched from Quinn to another company and all I had to do was to send the NCB cert that Quinn sent out with the renewal form to the new company. And then call Quinn to tell them not to renew my policy with them. It was very easy, no hassles at all from anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

haha thanks man.

Actually i've had good enough experiences with Quinn bar renewals. Their auto generated renewals would be twice the price as a quote online, so i'd renew online right as i don't particularly like being put on hold on the phone etc etc
    But after a mix up it turns out there was 4 Nads on their system with the same birthdates etc i.e. it was Me, their system wasn't intelligent enough to link my account or flag this duplication and the girl on the phone when i had to ring and straighen it out chewed me out saying to always ring in and never do anything on line. i told her that i don't know the inner workings of your databases and online system, i told her that i like dealing online and not on the phone for obvisious reasons! what a b*tch!
    only now have they go a proper login system on their site, the old one was very shoddy and limited in what you could do, and even up to my last quote or peiod with them, my online account showed a different QEI/GMP/... blah blah number than the physical insurance disk in my car! just awful for that kind of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

MollyZ wrote: »
    I recently switched from Quinn to another company and all I had to do was to send the NCB cert that Quinn sent out with the renewal form to the new company. And then call Quinn to tell them not to renew my policy with them. It was very easy, no hassles at all from anyone

I did exactly that last week, and like you say, no hassle at all.

When I phoned Quinn to tell them I wouldn't be renewing, they wanted to know how much my other quote was, but I didn't bother telling them - the other insurance company are better to deal with, and give me a better level of cover, so even if Quinn had matched the price (or beaten it - but there was no way that was going to be significant), I wouldn't have stayed.

But OP, it could be a chance to reduce your quote a bit more if that's what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭pablosd

quoteline.ie are sound for quotes, + i love the girls on the fone they are sound a u can have a bit of a chat, A+ for customer service :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Have changed insurance companies a few times in the past.. its all very straight forward these days.. And will be even more so now that companies will be fighting even more for business in the current climate..

Dont be afraid to shop around, always deals out there and always money to be saved without sacrificing the service you get

Tox

Advertisement