Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leadbelly-esque

Options
  • 09-06-2009 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi everybody, just wondering who else out there has a leadbelly kind of sound. I got into Leadbelly from Rory Gallagher, but I like Robert Johnson, Sonny Terry and Brownie Mcgee,Lightnin Hopkins, Son House etc... I like the feel of the acoustic blues, just trying to discover what else is out there for a young whipper snapper like myself, cheers Darren.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

For that old-style blues, try Big Bill Broonzy. Mississipi John Hurt is also great, Bukka White, but my personal favourite acoustic blues player is Furry Lewis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Small Change

Try the two blind willies....Blind willie Johnson (gospel blues), Blind Willie McTell (folky blues)
    Not quite ledbelly sounding (McTell is the closer of the two) but would defenitely have the same sore of appeal

Advertisement