Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying on Ebay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Pacifico wrote: »
    Hi, does the above look ok? Anything i should be wary of when looking for a phone on ebay?!

Thanks in advance

Well you can get fakes, normally easy to tell by the picture, or sometimes it can be an exact model of a phone so looks perfect but has nothing inside.

Then checking sellers feedback, amount of sales etc all the usual that you would be buying on ebay. Online Buying & Auctions can give you more info if you want.

Regarding the phone, once it has are bands, which the one you linked has, will work here. Then needs to be unlocked to use an irish sim in it, which the seller states it is. The seller has a lot of good feedback, but some of the higher priced items have bad feedback (271 the last month): http://feedback.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=e_cell&iid=200349575639&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ordered now, so i'll see how it goes :)

Dont mind waiting tbh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hope it goes well for ya, let us know how you get on when you get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

97.8% feedback should be considered bad.. i wouldn't a done it but you should still be alright

if this lad starts selling actual fakes which there are plenty of then his feedback will really start to tank. but you can tell fairly easily if its fake and send it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,458 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im too late :(

ecell are bloody useless,very very slow postage
    I really hope it works out for ya

• Advertisement

Well i don't mind waiting a few weeks if it arrives and works ok!

I also ordered a car charger & screen protectors at the same time, these were dispatched today...

Well the phone arrived today. Three weeks after ordering! Its fine though which is great, just took ages!!

BTW What settings do i need to get 3G to work on it? I'm with O2 and have a 3G sim....Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Well the phone arrived today. Three weeks after ordering! Its fine though which is great, just took ages!!

BTW What settings do i need to get 3G to work on it? I'm with O2 and have a 3G sim....Thanks in advance

If you could connect to the Internet before you got the new handset, then all you should need is to enter the O2 settings in the FAQs. If you couldn't connect to the Internet before, then give O2 customer care a call.

Advertisement