Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally - best photo op for Sunday?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

I have posted a similiar question in a motorsport thread - but hoping someone with local knowledge might be able to help.

I going to miss the first two days of the rally, but I'll be back late on Saturday. I understand there has been a change to the Sunday stage routes, from previous years. I haven't a clue where these stage are, and I'm really hoping someone could advise where to go to get some decent photos?

I have a decent camera, and I'm looking for either a tight corner, or a jump in the road.

I also don't mind if this means an early morning hike!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I have no idea of the route, but i've seen a few photos taken up on the embankment at the last turn up knockalla, with the cars in the foreground and the spectacular scenery in the background. Makes for some lovely shots.

Something like this:D
    donegal08_61.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 andyc09lad

the route on the sunday is the same , high glen, purt lake & atlantic drive only some are going in the opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

andyc09lad wrote: »
    the route on the sunday is the same , high glen, purt lake & atlantic drive only some are going in the opposite direction.
    so whens inishowen being run - friday??
    heres a few from near where i usually watch knockalla stage from different years:
    knockalla1.jpg

knockalla2.jpg

knockalla3.jpg

knockalla4.jpg
    Rally04#5343879280077435698Rally04#5343879280077435698
    obviously with just a bog standard digital camera, and my focus was always on the car, but when i think on it, there would be great angles around that corner to add some nice backgrounds, like dunree/the mouth of lough swilly/desertegney church, maybe next year as im out of the country for this years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 andyc09lad

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    so whens inishowen being run - friday??

yeah friday for inishowen and saturday for knockalla and the usual, i could be wrong im just going by the road closure notice that was in the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Suday stages have very little difference to what they were supossed to run at last year, as for good spots there are a few decent jumps, and a few good photo opertuinites on atlantic drive stage, but you'd need a programe for me to direct you better to them! P.S. programes are available now if you need a list of places who sell them i'll post it here for you's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement