Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Arts Festival 2009 - You Ready?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is it just me or is the town noticeably quieter than the festival period in other years?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

think theres a great buzz round town , all the american and spanish girls - love it.... was at niall stanage last night in the hotel meyrick packed house ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pepeee70

feab7379898757d9m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Was thinking of going to the parade for picture takin', but was wondering, how crowded are the streets? Wanted to test out fancy tripod dealy with fireworks too, but, no idear if I'd be able to get a decent spot for it...

Planning on trying to photograph the parade tonight myself. Any idea of a good vantage point? I can't really think of any and I know the street will prob be 4 or 5 people thick.

What's this about fireworks? I've missed about 3 different fireworks displays in Galway now in the last few years as I can never see any notification of it! So where and when?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The parade is a little different this year, with different stuff on different streets. If you can get a spot near Salmon Weir Bridge, I'd stay that'd be a good spot to capture everything as it went over to the Cathedral.

• Advertisement
Advertisement