Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to learn how to forage

Options
  • 09-06-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the best place is to start learning how to forage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Er, the Stone Age?

Sorry :o

No, I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

sorry my time machine is on the blink ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Saw this book in Avoca on Suffolk St. yesterday, "The New Complete Book of Self-Sufficiency" - there were chapters on how to obtain food from various sources, the wild being one of them, how to grow vegetables, butcher a pig, store food, etc, as well as various other things for living off the land; it may have something to start you off

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

That book Magic Monkey recommended is just excellent and the author John Seymour lives in Ireland now and runs classes in Wexford, and does courses on foraging too. I have the old original book and it tells you all you'd ever want to know about self sufficiency, foraging etc. If you are ever down Cork direction Darina Allen has a day course on foraging in Ballymaloe which is very good.

Advertisement