Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surveyors / Valuers North County Dublin

Options
  • 09-06-2009 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone suggest a decent surveyor that might happen to do valuations also, for a 3 bed semi with converted garage in Swords for me?

Not one that costs an arm and a leg.

Any surveyors out there, PM if you want some business.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Most estate agents should be able to do this for you. Phone around the local ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I suppose I have a similer question but from a different angle.

Some of the houses I'm looking at the moment need repair and as such if I want a mortgage I must get an engineer / quantity surveyor to give an opinion first before the mortgage application can proceed (which I find a bit annoying to say the least). Of course, I don't want to have to fork out for both, as you can imagine, it could become quite an expensive exercise especially if A) you have no "real" access to the building in question and B) it's only required to start the application.

Has anyone come across this? and how did you approach the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think go for a QS or a Building Surveyor to start with. If they come up against something where they think "Ehh, I'm not happy with that wall", they can phone an engineer and let you know before they incur cost. If you are seeking out dud buildings, you will need to proceed carefully.

If you go for an engineer from the start, you might get told "it won't fall down" only to realise that you need to spend €100,000 doing up a €200,000 house, because its a lemon that needs damp treatment, new windows, electrical, plumbing, decoration ....

http://www.scs.ie/what_is_a_surveyor_/what_is_a_building_surveyor

Advertisement