Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent/Borrow Digital 8 Camera in August

Options
  • 09-06-2009 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Ill be back in ireland in August for a week or so and I need to capture some PAL Video 8's i have while im there. Seems to be hard to find a PAL Digital 8 over in the US for some reason :)

Anybody got one I can borrow/rent? I need a digital8 with capability to output video8 via DV...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

u mean capture some digi8 footage onto a pc? then onto a dvd or hard drive is it? How many tapes u have that you want captured?
    I have a sony trv120e but its on the fritz a bit. I can check see if its still working.dont get your hopes up tho.
    Also, I would have to do it in work for you so I would need ur tapes then give them back to u a day or two later.

Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Not looking for DVD. just raw DV. Have a check and see what nic yours is in. I think I might just buy one on eBay and sell it when I'm done.

Heres a list of Sony Digital8 cams that support (or do not) Video8\Hi8 playback. Figured it might be good for future reference....

Video\Hi8 Playback Not-Supported:
    245E
    250E
    255E
    265E
    270E
    285E

Video\Hi8 Playback Supported:
    238E
    340E
    345E
    255E
    460E
    480E
    620E

Its not an all-encompassing list, but its a start.

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in terms of capture quality amongst the different models, or are they prettymuch the same when it comes to capturing Hi8 via DV?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

I imagine its the quality of the footie on the tape that counts. I use a crappy canon mv890 to capture footage from a canon xm2 just so I dont wear out the xm2.the footie looks just as good as capturing from the xm2.

Briano.

• Advertisement
Advertisement