Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for gun dealer in limerick area

Options
  • 09-06-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a gun dealer who also sells ammo in the Limerick/Clare area.
    I live just outside the city and uasually buy my .22 ammo from fishing/shooting/archery store in the milk market in limerick but he always has only one type cci which i hate because they are filthy and i have to clean my rifle very often after using them.
    I know midwest sporting supplies in Newmarketonfergus but i need a walk in shop thats open daily.
    Anywhere within the region will do but not too far either.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

daveob007 wrote: »
    he always has only one type cci which i hate because they are filthy and i have to clean my rifle very often after using them.
    No offence, but do you not clean your rifle after every use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Hagar wrote: »

Afaik most lads with rimfire rifles dont clean them that often because it affects accuracy:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I was taught how to clean a rifle without damaging it but don't mind me, times have obviously changed. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I was taught how to clean a rifle without damaging it but don't mind me, times have obviously changed. :o

In fairness I dont think people are afraid of damaging their rifles when cleaning them!

This explains it a bit better;

http://members.cox.net/riflesilhouette/cleaning.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭crowsnightmare

Try Lazy Dog shooting supplies. Ray Sampson is the blokes name. Don't have his no. but if you google Lazy Dog in Limerick you should find it. He has a shooting ground down there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

i usually just clean out the bore after every session and give the gun a good wipe down.
    but with the cci ammo the whole thing needs to be stripped after about 400 shots , that ammo leaves a grey sooty film all over the gun.
    using a remington 597 also which is hard to strip and reassemble due to the torque setting required for the 2 bolt guide rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Rimfires don't need cleaning the same way as Centrefire rifles, they don't leave copper fouling as the bullet is soft lead.
    If I clean my Anschutz .22lr it takes about a box before I get some kind of accuracy back.
    By all means wipe the metalwork down with an oily rag but cleaning the barrel in a .22lr is not that necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Dave,
    Being in the same area and boat so to speak .Bar Steves fishing& Shooting,in the Milk Market.Thats it!!!:(:(
    There is just no one else doing such as you describe that I know of in city centre.
    Closest then is either; Nenagh, Lazy Dog ,but he is out in the County in and only open usually after 6oclock.Ditto Midwest in Newmarket.
    Dont even bother trying for anything big calibre in Limerick city.There it is either a trip to counties,Limerick,Clare,Kerry,Tipperary,Galway.:(

On this point if there any folks in the mid west who would like this convience of having a gun dealer within a two mile radius of the city.Would you please PM me on this??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Bonds fishing tackle in wickham st is doing ammo whenever he gets his place sorted with security etc,but thats going on since last november so you might not see it this year.
    god be with the days when we had nestors and kearneys to buy from,then there was o malleys but since then nothing.
    steves has accessories only and only cci ammo and no guns.
    i like to feel agun for weight and balance before i buy but steve only gets them from a supplier so you cant see the thing first.
    kevin in newmarket on fergus is good but impossible to reach,he should open a place and hire someone to run it when he is not around,which seems to be most of the time.
    we need someone badly

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

There is a gun dealer in Askeaton. Aidan Hanley. He has a good stock of Ammo for all calibres. He is hard to get a hold of tho. Usually only available from about 6 to 6:30pm and then again after 9pm. Very nice guy and very good to deal with.

There is a gun dealer in Askeaton. Aidan Hanley. He has a good stock of Ammo for all calibres. He is hard to get a hold of tho. Usually only available from about 6 to 6:30pm and then again after 9pm. Very nice guy and very good to deal with.

do you have a number for this guy????
    is a bit like kevin mc carthy doing this from his house part time or what.

Thats the trouble with our county locals.They are all part time gun dealers and only open after work hours.:( Not to mind somwhat out in the sticks,and betimes hard to get hold of.
    We really need somone closer to town that is open somwhat in working hours.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

had to travel to mallow on saturday and pick up some 9mm also got some .22 also,a bit of a drive but it had to be done.
    mind you he is a bit pricey on a lot of his stuff for instance he has 2 .22 pistols,a walther for 400 which i would not touch and a sig for 475
    duffy in galway has these 2 for a lot less. 100 less per item i think.
    also his .22 ammo is 1 euro more per box than duffys.

Might as well be for free now....How are you going to get a liscense for such anymore??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

Aidans number is 061392229. Yeah he does it part time from his house. He is hard to get hold of and the best time really is after 9pm to ring. He does not stock hand gun ammo as far as I am aware. He is a sound guy and we find him great to deal with.

Advertisement