Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing live fish

Options
  • 09-06-2009 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi,

Does anyone know if i need a licience to import live tropical fish? Im looking to import 2. I emailed the company in Thailand and they said they will post it and it takes 3-5 days by courier and they will mark it as soap?? haha

Im wondering if there is anyway to do it properly? so that the fish are ok? Im afraid if its marked soap they will be tossed around.

I rang the department of agriculture of fisheries and to be honest nobody knew. After being transferred to 4 people I was told to ring a Verterany something?

thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Why don't you ask an aquarium shop to get the fish in for you.Some fish are illegal to bring into the country.Why would the seller mark them soap if they were legal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 elvis0_0lives

Can petshops do that?

The fish is (as far as i know) legal. I am looking for betta fish (Crowntail or similar varities) You see i live in the midlands and the selection of pet shops isnt the best. Also I havent seen any of these Bettas in any petshop. Many they just sell quickly and I have been unlucky. I went to Dublin a few weeks ago and went to Blanch petstop, Newlands cross, Wackers and Aquatic village in brittas but to no avail.

Thanks for your reply :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭mjffey

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Can petshops do that?

The fish is (as far as i know) legal. I am looking for betta fish (Crowntail or similar varities) You see i live in the midlands and the selection of pet shops isnt the best. Also I havent seen any of these Bettas in any petshop. Many they just sell quickly and I have been unlucky. I went to Dublin a few weeks ago and went to Blanch petstop, Newlands cross, Wackers and Aquatic village in brittas but to no avail.

Thanks for your reply :)
    Yes most aquatic shops will be happy to help you.Don't just go and look ask them to order the fish you want.

Advertisement