Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elected Councillors Payment

Options
  • 09-06-2009 7:18pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question.. How much do Town Councillors, City and County councillors get paid per year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

€14k a year was what Cork City Cllr Jerry Buttimer was getting paid in 2006, might have gone up since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I was wondering this myself and I cant find and info on it. I think it might be around €20k but not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

according to this article the councillors in donegal claimed almost E1 million in expenses..then you have to factor in all the brown envelopes being passed between them and the developers.

i'd say they wouldn't wipe their butt with 20k

Figures released to the Donegal Democrat the highest claim was from outgoing Fianna Fáil Mayor Gerry Crawford who received €56,905.71, which included a mayor's allowance of €22,647.75 (€20,952.21).

Advertisement