Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Creedon's new show

• 09-06-2009 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Great to hear John on the 7pm slot rather than the usual self-obsessed blatherings from Fanning, is this a permanent shift change?

super music with the odd quirky song thrown in

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Dave Fanning is filling in for Tubridy, so it is just temporary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Yeah - Creedon's not bad - seems to do some prep in advance of the program to get the mix right.

Nice easy folksy style about him - engages the listner.

Unlike others I could mention..makes the listner the focus of attention.

Good work John..stay with it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The right man for the right show at the right time. Good man John (and if it keeps him off the tv then all the better too).

Fanning should have been stuffed (chuckling) into a Quinnsworth shopping trolley and pushed downhill towards the foyer of a national commercial station about 20 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

yeah, Fanning's voice is like a dentist's drill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hmmm...... Creedon is a bit too much of a professional nice guy for this poster.

Touch condescending at times ,you know the type, self deprecating but knowing that the discerning listener probably knows the real deal:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Hmmm...... Creedon is a bit too much of a professional nice guy for this poster.

Touch condescending at times ,you know the type, self deprecating but knowing that the discerning listener probably knows the real deal:cool:

Nail/Head, sir.

Christ - i'm agreeing with The Bantam on a matter relating to the wireless.

I'm off to top up me meds :D

Bantam can see behind the bluster and bonhomie.

He deffo had the sulks when he went from the pm slot he used to have.

I have no proof but I'd say fancies himself as a serious broadcaster and could

be crusty enough if provoked.

Not that that is a fault, RTE have enough Aonghus MacAnnallys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

John was an excellent presenter on ERI many years ago and still is today.

It certainly is a welcome relief from the self-absorbed motormouth Fanning who really has become a parody of himself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Only two presenter make me turn the radio off, Fanning and Tubridy. Creedon aint great but better than either of those two. Like was said above, Kenny and Tubridy are away on holiday (presumably not together), so the rest of the people from the RTE hierarchy have to move up the pecking order for the week. `

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Bantam can see behind the bluster and bonhomie.

He deffo had the sulks when he went from the pm slot he used to have.

I have no proof but I'd say fancies himself as a serious broadcaster and could

be crusty enough if provoked.

Not that that is a fault, RTE have enough Aonghus MacAnnallys.

I agree fully FB that the last time he was shifted he felt shafted but this time around he seems far happier with his lot.

Perhaps his little run around on that hotel programme on the TVthingymejiggy sated his ego's hunger.

He's deffo far more pleasant and contented this turn around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Only two presenter make me turn the radio off, Fanning and Tubridy. Creedon aint great but better than either of those two. Like was said above, Kenny and Tubridy are away on holiday (presumably not together), so the rest of the people from the RTE hierarchy have to move up the pecking order for the week. `

kenny isnt on holidays with tubridy , unless of course tubridy is helping out pat with another landgrab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Fully agree with the Flutt on this. (NURSE!!!)

Creedon never hooked me. His choice of music was a little bit pretentious for my liking, so when he was hoiked off daytime to the graveyard shift, my ears were cleansed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

DMC wrote: »
    Fully agree with the Flutt on this. (NURSE!!!)

Creedon never hooked me. His choice of music was a little bit pretentious for my liking, so when he was hoiked off daytime to the graveyard shift, my ears were cleansed.

never hooked you ? His loss I'm sure...

Look the guy is a good broadcaster....ego if any is a hell of a lot less that some of those daytime female airheads on 2FM.

Give the guy some credit for trying to bring in a little variety and not painting by numbers like Collins on RTE 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I find his playlists agreeable but the smug factor won't allow me warm to him as a host.

Yes!! that's it,I was trying to think of why I couldn't really warm to the guy.

Smug factor is good,as well, he always seems to be admonishing the listeners a bit" Don't be annoying me" kind of a way....

Saw him in his true colours on that reality stuff,well some clips of him going "postal".

Stacks of times as he is so fond of saying himself.

Tuning in again tonight while cookin the dinner, I'll say it again, superb music,
    I haven't heard any ego trips so far, just gives some info on the band, says hello to a few listeners and just plays the songs!- keep him in this slot I say, make it longer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I was just listening as well. Not bad. I prefer Dave Fanning's show in that slot but Creedon's show is fine. I don't know if I'd tune in especially but it makes for pleasant listening and has a nice mix of stuff. Put him on in the afternoon instead of Derek Mooney I say!

Firetrap wrote: »
    I was just listening as well. Not bad. I prefer Dave Fanning's show in that slot but Creedon's show is fine. I don't know if I'd tune in especially but it makes for pleasant listening and has a nice mix of stuff. Put him on in the afternoon instead of Derek Mooney I say!

+1 yeah, get rid of Mooney and Nawna ni Neenaa talkin about bird sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

spadder wrote: »
    yeah, Fanning's voice is like a dentist's drill.

No, his laugh is like a dentist's drill. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Does the Mooney show have such little respect for their listenership that they constantly seem to appeal to the lowest rung on the intelligence ladder?

And would Mooney himself please stop rounding off his sentences with a short burst of falsetto?

Thank the Lord for BBC Radio 4 & Radio 7, and internet radio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Dan Dare

I enjoy Fanning, but John Creedon is fine too, choice of music is interesting and very enjoyable, he is interested in the music, not an ego tripper at all.

Advertisement