Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happing if you forgot to put down what make of calculator you used?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I forgot to put down what calculator I used for both maths papers, I know I know really stupid thing to forget but will I be marked down for it??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

No, I highly doubt it. I'd assume they only look at the make of calculator if you have lots of correct answers with little or no workings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

What above poster said.

Also sometimes I think they might seek out that particular calculator to re-do what you did to check if that is indeed what the calc came up with (may be diff to theirs). Just to check if you scribbled down an answer because you felt the method wasn't resolving. It's mostly to check whether or not your calc is legal, although most people would just lie if it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mick_Grif

Reilly616 wrote: »
    No, I highly doubt it. I'd assume they only look at the make of calculator if you have lots of correct answers with little or no workings.

Thanks!!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

Your welcome!

And Claypigeon, I always wondered about that. If I had an uber calc, I would definately learn of a regular calculator name!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hmm, I guess there is a case to say you are allowed do exams without it. But if you start doing Minus B formula in your head... Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I'd say nothing would happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kevwall

well i jus remembered thanks ta ya dat i 4got to do the ame for business, although i wouldn say it dat improtant, like the calculations on each calculator migh b different by .0000000001 or sometin!
    ;)

but honestly u fail!!
    :confused:
    joke

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

you get an automatic fail, it was on the rules on the first page.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Mick_Grif wrote: »
    I forgot to put down what calculator I used for both maths papers, I know I know really stupid thing to forget but will I be marked down for it??
    All exam results canceled, not allowed to sit exams again for 5 years.
    /joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

what happens is all of your axams are canceled and your not aloud sit any state exams for another 5 years. tough break but if you didnt put it down you but you were obviously using a calculator that can solve equations. so in that respect i supose it serves you right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

All the ridiculous baiting in here. So pathetic.

You'll be fine. A mate of mine forgot to do it last year and got an A2.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mick_Grif

andyman wrote: »

yea can a mod please lock thread now. Thanks for the answers people.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 #014917

andyman wrote: »

You'll be fine. A mate of mine forgot to do it last year and got an A2.

A2? Wonder why he didn't get an A1? YOU LOSE 10%

Advertisement