Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But is it worth it?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Don't usually frequent the WoW boards as much as I like to but summer is after rolling around again and in case you havn't all noticed the weather is after getting a bit ****ty in the last few days, so in anticipation of many more rainy afternoons I've fiddled around with the thought of playing WoW again. I stopped playing just before Wotlk (never even bought it actually) and I'm just curious as to how much the game has changed. Yes I know I could go check patch notes and mmo champion but I'd just like to check how the game has changed personally for you guys. Doesn't have to be major fundamental things like core gameplay or endgame content, it could just as easily be the smaller nuanced things like, are the quests more interesting, does paladin armor still look like it hopped off a Barbie doll, is everything still overpriced in the AH, stuff like that.

If it gives you any guidelines to go by I play Paladin and Mage primarily (or I used to I suppose) So if any of you play by those classes it would be nice to get a perspective from you guys. I know it's a vague question, but then again I'm not exactly looking for a precise answer. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kef

All the armor looks the same until you're in Tier 7, Tier 8 stuff is pretty nice. Is it worth it? No definitely not. I've just stopped playing myself, my guild were progressing slowly through Ulduar. 10 man we could speed through, but struggled to get 25 people for the bigger raids. Part of the problem is no doubt that I was on Bronzebeard where the Alliance outnumber Horde almost 4:1.

I've just grown tired of the game, I've played Holy Paladin for 2 years and Blizzard just don't seem to know what to do with the spec. Recently started tanking 10 mans and Heroics but there's so little challenge in it(not through my skill mind). They've completely destroyed the game in favor of increasing the number of people who see end game content, it just gets reptitive now really really quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Game is the same as it has always been - real content will keep you interested for 2 or 3 months.. After that - it's up to yourself to entertain at endgame like always. Be it PVE or PVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The levelling zones in northrend also are generally much more 'fun' to level in. They really did do an awful lot of work on the questlines and quest mechanics.

The main change in the game however is that it has become a lot more casual friendly. Heroics are very easy and VERY quick, raids are much more accessible for the casual player with 2 of the base raids being a single boss and naxxramas being a hugely nerfed version of the 40 man. Each boss drops at least 3 epic items also which is good for the new player.

Basically, its a lot easier for someone whos been away for a while to jump back on the horse and level and gear up very quickly.

Basically if you liked it before youll probably still like it with the added advantage that you can catch up a bit quicker. The reasons you quit the first time are probably still there, but you might not mind them for a few months or so ":)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm still finding it fun after 5 (6?) years, its all about keeping yourself entertained. I have a buddy on WoW that I've literally played with for like 5 years, and I'm sure if I had not got friends on WoW I wouldnt bother anymore. The social aspect is the constant in the game that keeps me going, then I just variate around that with what I want to achieve.

After jumping back into wow seriously on outland a while ago now, I set myself out some goals. Level 4-5 classes to 80 that will give me alteration in endgame.
    The classes I'm mainly rocking are

Warlock
    Paladin
    Mage
    Druid

Through these four classes I can jump from instance healing and tanking, pvp arena and battlegrounds or full out dps in raids/instances/ BG.

Getting all these characters to 80, and geared, and playtime, is going to take me ages, but it will keep me interested until the next expansion comes out which is key.

There is also a thriving irish community in outland , who are a pleasure to chat with and occasionaly play with ( when i ****ing ding 80) and its a great incentive for me to actually keep going and going, knowing that I wont be playing with spas in instances.

From my reading it seems the game has become a "bit" casual. I have encountered problems with pugs in the nexus with absolute spa groups, yet in decent gear. It seems theres alot more spa heads that look the cheese but are pretty poor quality wise, and its a bit hard to distinguish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i just got bored with my lock. so ive now got a level 50 pally and find him close to invincable ( considering the things im getting him to jump into )

im also leveling a rogue with my friend im currently on level 69 waiting on them to catch up with there lock. should make for some good pvp group

the game is as boring as you make it . i had a crap time on it yesterday where i basicly sat in org doing enchants bidding on stuff in the ah and selling it again . ( made about 2k gold with ease ) .

if you do come back you will love the new zones . i know i did i found leveling easy but getting every quest done in every new zone was a bit of a paine. ( maby not every quest but im still trying in icecrown )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

TheDoc wrote: »
    stuff

TLDR - 80 or gtfo

Keep it stum or me and dar will bridge you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DliveMike

I'm actually seriously warming to idea of coming back since I made the OP, whats that you were saying about an Irish community in Outland Doc? Is it predominantly Horde or Alliance?

Alliance

Have to say I was pretty nervy starting off, mostly a tight nit group with alot of experience, and can come across at first elitist or "jerks"

Only joking, sound bunch of lads theres a good few now, sure if you do join up let us know your char name, I'd be happy to help you out along the way.

Anything to slow the progression of my 80 ding and annoy people ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DliveMike

Yeah, I've decided to give WoW another whack, just got Wotlk and started on Outland (the server). Been tinkering around with a druid so far (cat form is just lulz) and it's definitely one of the most interesting classes I've played, dunno why I never rolled one properly before.

Anyway gimme a buzz on: Kavanagh lv20 Kitty-cat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement