Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do they only do BJJ

Options
  • 09-06-2009 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

In Loughlinstown there is the Next Generation BJJ gym but do they also do some kickboxing,Muy Thai or boxing.I really want to learn BJJ but also a good stand up fighting style.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

They compete in mma so yes they do stand up but their focus is where there best on the ground I would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mad Leprechaun

They compete in mma so yes they do stand up but their focus is where there best on the ground I would imagine

Ok thanks.Do you know what would be the best equipment for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Ok thanks.Do you know what would be the best equipment for it?

Shorts, a tshirt, a cup and a gumshield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mad Leprechaun

Chris89 wrote: »
    Shorts, a tshirt, a cup and a gumshield.

Would any shorts do or would I need certain ones??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Any shorts starting off but get a fight pair as normal shorts will rip quiet easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Any shorts starting off but get a fight pair as normal shorts will rip quiet easily

I've been using a pair of Tescos finest swimming togs for about a year now (they where a fiver at the time, i think) and they have been fine, no holes or stretching yet. If you have a pair of normal, cheap shorts which seem to be surviving well after a few weeks of training, then dont worry about getting fight shorts, as they can be pretty expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Are they speedo style?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Are they speedo style?

We are not that kind of gym. :D

Any board short style are the best to be honest. Dunnes, Lidl, etc will all do something suitable. Short shorts tend to expose you unintentionally and we do have female members, so they can be inappropriate. Get yourself a pair with enough room to wear a cup as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Jason Mc wrote: »
    Are they speedo style?

Only when I compete:D, otherwise its board shorts.

Advertisement