Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodstock Open Air

• 09-06-2009 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

When and where?
    August 14th-16th Derby, England

Web:
    http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/bands-line-up.php

Line Up:
    EUROPE, CARCASS, ARCH ENEMY , BLIND GUARDIAN, CRADLE OF FILTH, FEAR FACTORY, SAXON, AMON AMARTH:D, SATYRICON, APOCALYPTICA, ENSLAVED, CANDLEMASS, MUNICIPAL WASTE, THE HAUNTED, KATATONIA, DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER , KREATOR, EQUILIBRIUM, GWAR, TURISAS, BATTLELORE, SABATON, GIRLSCHOOL , MOONSPELL, MILLION DOLLAR RELOAD , GODS OF HELLFIRE, INTERNAL CONFLICT, NEFARIOUS, THE GREEN RIVER PROJECT, THEY WILL RISE, VALLENBROSA, ALTERNATIVE CARPARK, BLOODSHOT DAWN, INNER EDEN, SNAKEBITE, SOLSIKK , VENTFLOW, ARTHEMIS, CELESTY, PYTHIA, BEHOLDER.
    Looks savage!

Details:
    Granted that we're in a recession, I thought I'd see how we can get to this for as little as possible.
    Right so. If we were to fly from Dublin on the Friday (14th) morning at 06:30, we'd arrive in Birmingham for 07:30. The festival is just 20 minutes from the airport. So, taking into account travel times, delays at the airport etc. We should be at the campsite for 09:30 or 10am. This will give us loads of time for pitching tents (the camping type that is, you dirty minded f*ckers) and stocking up on drink etc. before the bands come on.
    The festival finishes on Sunday night. So, Monday afternoon is probably the best time to fly back. There's a flight at 14:30 which would probably be ideal. There's an earlier one and a later one too, depending on level of intoxication. Times are 08:05 and 19:25 respectively. Prices are the same regardless.

So, how much will it cost me?
    Weekend camping ticket: £99.95 (very cheap for what you're getting).

Return flights*: €47.19
    Coach to and from festival: €20.00

So you're looking at roughly €190 + food, drink, band merchandise etc.
    Very cheap for a full weekend of top entertainment! biggrin.gif

* Flight deatils:
    Aer Lingus

Departing Dublin Friday 14th August @ 06:30; arriving Birmingham @ 07:30.
    Return - Departing Birmingham Monday 17th August @ 14:30; arriving Dublin @ 15:30.

http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/bookonline/flightScheduleLookupDispatchAction.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1967237637.1244314144@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadehhfmidkgcefecfigdffgdfkg.0
    Total for flights: €47.19 incl. taxes and charges.

I also posted this on www.metal.ie. I thought I'd post it here too for those of you who aren't on that site.

So, who's in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

good gods that sounds amazing
    its times like these i hate being abroad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i've an offer to work this, but I'm already doing sonisphere and a trip to france that month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Flights come to €57.19 though if you add on the airport charge & then €24 for a bag, which is essential if you are going camping, unless you intend on staying in a hotel or buying your tent, sleeping bag etc over there.

Flights with Ryanair are €60 all in, bag included, which is what we booked last week. Over first thing Friday & back midday on Monday, so pretty much the same flights as Aer Lingus. Don't even think of flying to East Midlands - did it 2 years ago & the taxis just rip you off.

What's the story with €20 return coach? Can you get that from the airport direct to the gig? Last year, we got the train to Lichfield & then the shuttle bus direct to the venue. While in Lichfield we stocked up on food & drink in Lidl/Aldi? Was grand except for the weight of our rucksacks & all the stuff we bought.
    Food is quite expensive at the gig, so be prepared. They don't allow you to bring drink into the festival area, but you're camped literally 5 mins walk away from the gig, so really handy going back & forward between bands. Either that or try sneak vodka or something in with you & just buy coke or something in there.

Great little festival, this will be my 3rd outdoor Bloodstock & I'm really looking forward to it, should be a good laugh as per usual!

Advertisement