Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 gig 02 data plan questions

• 09-06-2009 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Hi signed up for the 02 data plan for my 5800 and have a few questions.

What sites would eat up my data? Would it be viable to browse you tube all the time?

Also i currently get my email through the sms(email) entry but have not tried MFE(is this better?)

Would fring use a lot of data?

Thanks for any replies, dont want to use it too quickly!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

1GB is a lot of data for emailing and general web browsing on a phone IMO.

On Youtube you're going to use it up a lot quicker. Depends what you do on youtube. The occasional funny clip won't have much of an effect but a 30 min session probably be will.

I have no idea what you mean by sms(email) and MFE - Am I missing something?

Fring will use a fair bit of data if you're using it for VOIP - again, depends on settings, duration, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Change to the 250MB plan, its half the price. 250MB is still a considerable amount of data for emailing, browsing and youtube.

If your going over it, then change back to the 1Gb simple as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Random wrote: »
    1GB is a lot of data for emailing and general web browsing on a phone IMO.

On Youtube you're going to use it up a lot quicker. Depends what you do on youtube. The occasional funny clip won't have much of an effect but a 30 min session probably be will.

I have no idea what you mean by sms(email) and MFE - Am I missing something?

Fring will use a fair bit of data if you're using it for VOIP - again, depends on settings, duration, etc

I can get my email through messaging then gmail. MFE = mail for exchange, havnt used it yet and was wondering if its better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Davy wrote: »
    Change to the 250MB plan, its half the price. 250MB is still a considerable amount of data for emailing, browsing and youtube.

If your going over it, then change back to the 1Gb simple as

Is it easy to check how much you have used/have left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Is it easy to check how much you have used/have left?

Log in to 'my account' on o2.ie. Then under the unbilled details, it will tell you usage, and remaining MB's left.

Actually you can use *111# but not always working.

• Advertisement
Advertisement