Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Chinese Restaurant Killarney

Options
  • 09-06-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Had a meal on Friday night, all was ok, returned Saturday night and had Beef with Szechuan sauce, been eating spicy Chinese meals for many years, most were hot and ive had no problems wiping them out, albeit it with gallons of water, this one however was different, 1/4 way through the meal by lower lip & throat was so burnt I couldnt finish the meal, had to go outside as thought I was going to get sick, 20 or 30 minutes later I returned and complained, I got no satisfaction whatsoever and had to pay the full bill, the lady at the cash register told me she would look into it and to return the next day, again, no satisfaction, refund or voucher for a meal, offered me "some small things" and when I asked if this meant a similar meal she responded again "just some small things"
    If you are in Killarney give this restaurant a wide berth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Your really better off writing that on a restaurant review website, as it could be liable here as you could just be another restaurant in Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Thanks for ur thoughts, im a biker and was at Killarney for Bikefest, its a consumer issue as far as im concerned but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sounds as if they might have used Szechuan peppercorns or Prickly Tree oil - it produces a nasty form of heat.

BTW, you do not have to pay the full price at restaurants if you do not feel that the food was worth the price. You can leave what you think the food was worth. It's a tricky thing to argue though and I wouldn't fancy trying it out.

I'm going to delete the restaurant name as I'm uncomfortable naming them in this forum.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

I'm going to delete the restaurant name as I'm uncomfortable naming them in this forum.
    Thats fair enough dudara

Advertisement