Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound problem with n95 when ringing people

• 09-06-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

ok this has starting happening in the last week , whenever i ring people or they ring me the sound might go off so that i cant hear people but they can still hear me . so its my phone that has the problem. it doesnt happen when i put it on loudspeaker. sometimes it only happens for a few seconds and sometimes i have to cut the call and try again.i havent had the phone near water so i dont think its water damage. anyone any idea's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you be sure that its the phone, and not network connection related?
    Would the call ever drop, and give a 'connection error' message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

no it never comes up network error or anything like that . it happens with most of the calls i make . i only got a new simcard earlier this year too. i had problems ealrier this year with my texts not comming through unless i rang someone but i found out this was becuase i had my network mode set to dual mode and when i changed it to gsm it was fine.

Is it still under warranty? They would fix it free of charge. Otherwise they may charge €80 or €90

i havent a clue i bought it off someone on adverts about a year ago

Depending where you are, go to a nokia repair centre. Also few other places like MPRC or fonemenders in dublin. They will tell if the warranty still stands.

If you dont know where your nearest repair centre, they have a list on nokia.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Its the earpiece speaker more than likely. Had mine replaced under warranty last year. Shouldnt be expensive anyway. Try sucking and then blowing into the earpiece first. It fixes them for some people.

ok thanks for the replies guys

If its not under warranty, get a quote off them before giving them the go ahead to repair it. The part itself is a few cent, but its everything else added on! If they do quote high price dont take them up on it. If its just the ear piece its a simple job.

ok thanks alot i dont really have the money to be forking out loads to get it fixed at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It'd be worth buying the earpiece yourself from ebay it just drops in. Easy phone to work on too.

• Advertisement

would it be hard to fit?

byrner88 wrote: »
    would it be hard to fit?

Well if its the little ear piece, it would require the removal of four screws from the back of the front face plate. It just sits in the front plate.

I recommend you check the warranty first, then if its a high quote check around, and then consider doing it yourself.

ok ill check around . i have the screwdrivers for removing these screws anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

In certain cases there's a 2 yr warranty on n95's I sold my 95 on adverts a couple of months ago when it was 13 mths old. i rang mprc before i sold it and they said they honour a 2 yr warranty on them, provided you can provide proof of purchase (which i could)....added a bit of piece of mind to the sale too.

no proof of purchase never got a recipt off the girl i bought it off i could try get one if i still have her number i'll have too look

In certain cases there's a 2 yr warranty on n95's I sold my 95 on adverts a couple of months ago when it was 13 mths old. i rang mprc before i sold it and they said they honour a 2 yr warranty on them, provided you can provide proof of purchase (which i could)....added a bit of piece of mind to the sale too.

Yes the handset does have 24month european warranty. It covers just the handset itself and nothing like the battery and other accessories which is fine in this case but the warranty is given to the first user.

so u reckon i wont be able to get it fixed under warrenty?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

companies try their best to exclude things from warranty but definitely submit a claim under warranty and see what they come back with. You've nothing to lose.

byrner88 wrote: »
    so u reckon i wont be able to get it fixed under warrenty?

Its an essential part of the phone, its not an accessory so to answer your questions, yes.

Advertisement