Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small square bales

• 09-06-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Well lads, i'm just wondering how much it costs to get small square bales of hay baled

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

I used to charge 25 cent a bale a few years ago (3 maybe), when I used to do it, suppose it would be a bit more now, and would depend on the machines being used, I had small enough stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I do it for 25c per bale too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I was charging 18p over 20 years ago. When converted to Euro 18p=22.86c so the price of making square bales has only risen by 2.14c in over 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

Charged 40 a bale in cork. A good Baler is worth finding and they can charge what they want because there are so little of them around

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I was charging 18p over 20 years ago. When converted to Euro 18p=22.86c so the price of making square bales has only risen by 2.14c in over 20 years.

I was charging 15p back in the early 90s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Graffogefarms

got charged a euro a bale last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

off who and where did you get this "great service"

You were had

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Howya Fixed

i disagree, with the way things are everything had rose, string, labour etc.
    25 cent a bale was back in 2000, 9 years on i would not bring baler out of shed for 25 cent per bale.

other question has anyone ever heard of a cantone 283 baler, where would ya get parts and what sort of value would it be worth (not been used in 5 years, well ceased, but always in shed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭adne

Your man loved u..... 12 SQ bales is a a round bale... :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

i disagree, with the way things are everything had rose, string, labour etc.
    25 cent a bale was back in 2000, 9 years on i would not bring baler out of shed for 25 cent per bale.

other question has anyone ever heard of a cantone 283 baler, where would ya get parts and what sort of value would it be worth (not been used in 5 years, well ceased, but always in shed)

Cantone were a cheaper square baler introduced to ireland in the 1980s. They were not very reliable and got a bad reputation because of this there were not many of them sold in the country. We had one ourselves and it broke our hearts. Got rid of it not long after buying it. From talking to the "old man" who bought it, he says that they were a complicated baler and he could get nobody who was able to repair the tieing system that was constantly giving problems.

Anyway, I'm no good to you cause I don't know where you would get parts for it and I really don't want it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Howya Fixed

reilig wrote: »
    Cantone were a cheaper square baler introduced to ireland in the 1980s. They were not very reliable and got a bad reputation because of this there were not many of them sold in the country. We had one ourselves and it broke our hearts. Got rid of it not long after buying it. From talking to the "old man" who bought it, he says that they were a complicated baler and he could get nobody who was able to repair the tieing system that was constantly giving problems.

Anyway, I'm no good to you cause I don't know where you would get parts for it and I really don't want it. :)

would you have any idea how much it would be worth? rough guess if anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bigblue

i use a modern welger ap730 and i charge 50cent a bale which is only for the baling i have a fully automatic sledge that leaves them in flat 8s plus they never drag on the ground so no soil comtamination and that sledge costs 10 cent bale, and to futher complicate things i can bale the smaller bales into bigger bales of 10/12/14 and make a big bale of small bales and that costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

bigblue what sledge and bale banding system do you use.

Advertisement