Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on Loughshinny

Options
  • 09-06-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Seen a nice house in Loughshinny but we are not from the area and wondered if anyone has any info and opinions on the place; schools, local services, traffic in rush hour, local pub etc. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

While not from Loughshinny myself, from what I know it appears to be a nice quiet place. Not a lot in it. Maybe one small shop near the harbour. The Yacht pub is OK.

As for local services (presuming you mean shopping, hairdressers, dry cleaning, DVD rental, etc.) you'd really need to go to Skerries or Rush for these.

The bus service is so-so. You can see the timetable on the Dublin Bus website. For trains you'd need to go to either Skerries or Rush & Lusk stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

St Brendan's NS is in Loughshinny - my daughter goes there and we are very happy with it.

As for Loughshinny itself, it's a fabulous place. We'd love to buy a house there but they are usually beyond our reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

Loughshinny is a lovely spot. I was off yesterday afternoon and paid a visit to the harbour/beach. I went for a cliff walk and the views towards Rush and Skerries were beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭db707

Just want to say thanks for the replies, they were helpful especially feedback on the NS. It is a nice spot alright, I have only seen it on a sunny day though, I wonder what it would be like in the winter when it's cold, dark and rainy (or is that an irish Summer :P), if anyone has any experiences of living there they would be much appreciated. Thanks again, DB.

Advertisement