Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look at the state of our Poles

Options
  • 09-06-2009 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Has anyone noticed the state of the poles which up to a few days ago held the images of our esteemed politicians and those seeking to be politicans?

I am referring of course to the many cable ties that they have left behind.

Is it only me or do others think this is a disgrace.

I write this in the hope the the politicans that frequent the Kilkenny city forum might go back out, get up their ladders and clean up the mess they have left behind.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Awwww man i was hoping this was something to do with drunken polish girls...

You fail op :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've been taking note of the various posters that sullied the poles along the Waterford Road and FF, FG and Labour have left their tags. Why dont they bring in the colour coded rule, like they have in some other local areas. FG have blue tags, FF green, Green have green and yellow tags. It would ensure that they are removed along with the posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

I can vouch for myself that I removed all of my cable ties. I had a snips in my hand the entire time doing it and so did the others helping me. Some candidates I saw did just rip them straight down and didnt care about the ties. I'd go for the colour coding.

Darren, none of your posters were over on this side of town, it was JP Phelans posters that had tags left behind. May I commend you on your endeavour to clean up after the campaign! I saw some guys with a NI van leaving Libertas tags too. Is there anyone, one can contact regarding these eyesores? In fact there are still tags on the poles outside my estate, from Lisbon referendum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

If there are still a few posters up, then take a picture of them. If when they are removed and the tags are left then you may actually have a case of littering. Even better if you can video them leaving the tags behind. As we've seen from the on-street parking charges, the council is very keen to generate revenue.

Commiserations Darren on not getting the vote. You'll fight another day and people will remember that you tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Mini_Bar

At least Darren replied - thank you Darren!

See attached photos of the poles around lidl roundabout.

Also picture of the pole outside the Gael Scoil.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The FF supporters aint so quick to reply now eh!

Where are ye, show yourselves!!

To be fair, its not only FF. The pole in the first photo had 2 Labour posters, followed by FG and SF.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nightwish wrote: »
    To be fair, its not only FF. The pole in the first photo had 2 Labour posters, followed by FG and SF.

Agreed, having passed this roundabout a few times each week the posters on these poles were not all for FF so they should not be singled out just because its FF.

Any party who has left up cable ties should be held accountable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

They have till Friday to remove the posters, by law.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing in that legislation regarding the cable ties though.

After 23:59 on Friday, we should name and shame the candidates posters still up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ber12009

hi i took down some of ff poster's and any of them i took down i took the cable tie's too any thing else to give out about.

ber12009 wrote: »
    any thing else to give out about.
    Well since you ask, why is Sean Fitzpatrick of Anglo Irish fame not in Jail for deceiving the state (act of financial treason, check the constitution), my take home pay is reduced to repair the damage caused by Fitzpatrick and co. and all around me friends and family are losing jobs while he's free to come and go to his home in Spain.

I know FFers don't like people complaining, how can we be so ungrateful.
    One thing I do know is that attracting investment into this country is going to be very hard while it's plain that that investment can disappear into a black hole of unaccountability if Sean Fitzpatrick type practices go unpunished.

Run that one up the FF flag post and see if anyone salutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭madmac187

Down with Biffo and his comrades. Lets go make trouble for the establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

catbear wrote: »
    Well since you ask, why is Sean Fitzpatrick of Anglo Irish fame not in Jail for deceiving the state (act of financial treason, check the constitution), my take home pay is reduced to repair the damage caused by Fitzpatrick and co. and all around me friends and family are losing jobs while he's free to come and go to his home in Spain.

I know FFers don't like people complaining, how can we be so ungrateful.
    One thing I do know is that attracting investment into this country is going to be very hard while it's plain that that investment can disappear into a black hole of unaccountability if Sean Fitzpatrick type practices go unpunished.

Run that one up the FF flag post and see if anyone salutes.

Good post & well said!

Al.

your full of it i was talking bout the cable tie's

your full of it i was talking bout the cable tie's
    So what you meant to say was "Does anyone have any further issues regarding the cable ties?".

It's pointless insulting others for your error but then again FF are never accountable for their own mistakes and so never learn from them, and keep repeating them.

I'm afraid you may have blown your chance for pints in the Dail bar!

I think if you consulted with your local FF handler before inadvertently volunteering to field questions for them, they would have supplied you with the standard FF response for this current financial crisis; "Lehman Brothers, who could have seen that coming?".

To rehearse it just think of Father Jack saying "That would be an ecumenical matter" everytime he was asked for an opinion.

They trot it out everytime awkward questions are asked about their lack of economic oversight for the last decade.

I take no personal offense of course, I never attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence.

im not blaming any one for my mistake.im on bout them talking **** bout a different issue's is what i was saying.

im not blaming any one for my mistake.im on bout them talking **** bout a different issue's is what i was saying.

Thank you for been frank.

By the way, when you say "talking about ****", were you referring to the many people joining the dole queues that I mentioned. Are these people just **** to you?

sure its not my fault i was just on bout cable tie's making a big thing out that now are'nt ya

My reduced take home pay funding Sean Fitzpatricks' pension is a big thing.
    This is not going to go away. If you run with the pack, be prepared for the backlash. I have stated elsewhere I voted FF in the past. We and the future generation are been robbed to protect a few. Eventually you will realise this and when you do, it will be a big deal.

• Advertisement

Go on catbear!!!! Get stuck in!

There's nothing to get stuck into. There is no one in charge of this country. Power was ceded to the banks and the international bond market on the day of the Emergency Financial Act.
    Our domestic living conditions for the near future will be determined by their terms and conditions.
    Any society that puts its prosperity before their principles will lose both.

All that's left to attack is ignorance and greed. We will not benefit from a global upturn if we do not purge the iniquities in our society.

It is disheartening to have someone like Beverly Cooper Flynn, someone known to have helped people evade tax, be part of a government responsible for planning a recovery. This government is morally bankrupt and it's heading there financially too as a more risk adverse world will shun countries with unaccountable business practices. The countries with transparent and accountable financial practices will benefit first.

For the last decade money has been used to fix everything when really only justice can fix corruption and greed. The day a bishop is sent to jail for aiding and abetting the crime of child abuse is that day the healing really begins. Mere acknowledgment of the crime does not fix it, it only leaves the wound exposed.

ber12009, we all bear the burden of sustaining a just society. If we don't believe that then we are living hand to mouth. If we don't believe in accountable governance and want only what we can get out of it for ourselves, then this republic is truely dead.
    Politics is war by other means and when our politicians fail us, then God help us. We put ourselves at the mercy of the world.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

How does one go from a discussion on cable ties left on poles to FF & Banks?!?!

There is a great Politics forum for political discussion, I think for now your best taking your new discussion down that route and keeping this thread to the discussion on cable ties being left behind after election posters being removed. :)

Any poster up now is illegal anywhome.

look i dont know what your telling me for i was on bout cable tie's on poll's. not bank's and what ever your on bout there.

Just back from Waterford, and there are a few Sean Kelly posters still up in prominent places.

look i dont know what your telling me for i was on bout cable tie's on poll's. not bank's and what ever your on bout there.

Fantastic. Lets just keep to the topic, including responses to mods (if you have further comments related to a moderators request/decision - PM them).

Anywhome.. I can understand European posters. It looks like every effort was made to take them down but some were forgotten about. Not sure who is responsible for them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tom12

taught you would have learned that you get notthing done when your on the computer all the time. taught you would have learned something from your campain.

tom12 wrote: »
    taught you would have learned that you get notthing done when your on the computer all the time. taught you would have learned something from your campain.

Presume this was aimed at me. Yes I have been at my computer despite being in work since 6.30am. And I don't have a computer in work.......:rolleyes:

As for my campaign, canvassing outside 12-9 every day. Hardly sitting at a computer! Cheap shots don't work here :D particularly when I know where your allegiances lie, as you joined up along with a few others to support himself, perhaps asked to seeing as no one was doing it for him. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Get a grip the only reason you joined here is to have pot shots at other candidates, and even now your still at it after the election.

• Advertisement

Slán abhaile

(Banned - Trolling).

Don't feed the troll - the report will do nicely. I suspect this thread will die a death soon as its a trainwreck.

Advertisement