Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get a job at the elections ?

Options
  • 09-06-2009 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the lack of articulation in the question but how does one get a job at a polling station and at an election count ?

Is there some kind of extensive background check done on the person , does one have to reveal any political allegiance ? How is the deciding officer picked ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Have often wondered that myself. Could be a handy few extra quid for counting or whatever. Not sure I could sit in a polling station all day though, could get pretty boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Collie D wrote: »
    Have often wondered that myself. Could be a handy few extra quid for counting or whatever. Not sure I could sit in a polling station all day though, could get pretty boring.

Bring a book the lady i got my ballot papers off had this Hidious :mad:Cecelia Ahern book!!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

The count staff for the recent local elections were staff members of the Local Authority in question and the Returning Officer a senior staff member of the Authority. Not sure how it works for the Polling Stations or for the European counts.

In the Authority I work for they asked for volunteers for the count and picked from those who put their name forward

Advertisement