Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do GAME do student discount??

Options
  • 09-06-2009 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

Quick question...
    Do GAME or Gamestop do student discount???

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

dont think so, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Quite sure they don't, which sucks.

I think GAME might ...

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Oops, I misread the question, Gamestop DO have a student discount, but it is a measly 5% and almost worthless (but I always claim it ;) )

You just have to show your college ID, where as in the likes of HMV, you need a dedicated HMV Student card, which are in limited supplies at the start of the academic year. Their discount is 10%, which is fairly decent. You just need to get your hands on the card.

But, I'm still sure Game don't. They have a loyalty card as far as I know, which you have to pay for in the first place, and you need to accumulate points before you can get discounts/vouchers/whatever. Not worth it as far as I'm concerned, and nothing to do with being a student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

GAME don't give any student discount,Gamestop give 5% off games and dvds but not off hardware,HMV give 10% off games,cds and dvds and Blurays but not off hardware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Cheers guys...

Just wanted to know that.
    I do have the HMV student card but they don't do discount on hardware which kinda sucks...
    Gonna get my PS3 today so thought the discount would come handy... Looks like it wont!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Cheers guys...

Just wanted to know that.
    I do have the HMV student card but they don't do discount on hardware which kinda sucks...
    Gonna get my PS3 today so thought the discount would come handy... Looks like it wont!

Well it will, you will be saving between 15 and 20 Euros.

Could use that to getting a game or buying some drink :)

Advertisement