Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8Gb 3G iPhone

• 09-06-2009 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

So the iphone is meant to be sold off for 99$, has anybody seen any good offer in available in Ireland or online what do not involve getting a 2 year contract ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    So the iphone is meant to be sold off for 99$, has anybody seen any good offer in available in Ireland or online what do not involve getting a 2 year contract ?

I'm pretty sure $99 will still mean a lengthy contract. O2 is the only official outlet where you can get a new iPhone and they're still listing them at €480 for the PAYG model. Maybe this will drop soon although I wouldn't hold my breath. But you could probably expect a lot of second hand phones to come on the market when they release the new model.

As for buying abroad, keep an eye on eBay, its possible to buy new and unlocked phones but rarely for much under 500 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I'd happily buy one, I just don't understand the property-boom-like swollen price, aren't we reaching the point where everyone and their dog has one by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I'd pay ~100$ for one no problem but there is no way in hell I'm paying 500$.
    cornbb wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure $99 will still mean a lengthy contract. O2 is the only official outlet where you can get a new iPhone and they're still listing them at €480 for the PAYG model. Maybe this will drop soon although I wouldn't hold my breath. But you could probably expect a lot of second hand phones to come on the market when they release the new model.

As for buying abroad, keep an eye on eBay, its possible to buy new and unlocked phones but rarely for much under 500 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm looking for a 2nd hand one as well.
    Can't see any for under €250, most are €300+

Where's the best places to look besides adverts.ie?
    Ebay seem to have a lot from UK for under £200 (8GB, 3G)- I just put a bid in.

scam deals I'd imagine- €170 for 3S, the sellers name doens't fill me with confidence- 煜林

Cheers,
    Pa.

Advertisement