Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naan Bread - can be bought without yoghurt as an ingredient

Options
  • 10-06-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

It's news to me :) I read a few packs ages ago and quickly realised that Naan bread is meant to be made with yoghurt (and so not vegan). But then on Sunday, I went shopping to Dunnes and found a Country Kitchens brand (they do pitta bread too) which was selling garlic and coriander mini Naans made with vegetable oil and no yoghurt! Ah, the little things in life. I know, not the healthist snack, but I wanted that Naan taste. It's been a while :D

Woohooo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Ohhh yum!

I awlays have a look at the packets but am usually dissapointed. The only ones I found a while ago were Tesco light ones.

Might soon be time for an Indian feast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Yey! I'm glad that I was not alone in my loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

It's news to me :) I read a few packs ages ago and quickly realised that Naan bread is meant to be made with yoghurt (and so not vegan). But then on Sunday, I went shopping to Dunnes and found a Country Kitchens brand (they do pitta bread too) which was selling garlic and coriander mini Naans made with vegetable oil and no yoghurt! Ah, the little things in life. I know, not the healthist snack, but I wanted that Naan taste. It's been a while :D

Woohooo!

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*goes to Dunnes*

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I've known this for ages - I'm very sorry for not pointing it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

I'm fairly sure the ones in LIDL have no yoghurt too. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭greener&leaner

Naan breads aren't actually that difficult to make.

Naan breads aren't actually that difficult to make.
    Same with pizzas and normal bread, but most people choose to buy them :rolleyes:

So, I shall continue to be excited by it! And I shall remember to check out LIDL next time I am near...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭greener&leaner

Actually I've just realised I'm getting Naan breads mixed up with Chapatis.
    Naan's are a bit more difficult.

(The ingredients for Chapati's are just wholemeal flour, water and oil. I couldn't believe it when I realised how easy they are to make, couldn't believe I'd been paying so much for wraps, so I'm a bit of an evangelist now.)

I shall away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Actually I checked and the LIDL one has yoghurt in it :-(

Three cheers for Dunnes!!

Still, I'll keep an eye out if I venture to other retail stores...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Super Valu do these too- I buy them as a treat when I'm craving garlic. They're lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Eviecus

Tescos usually sell these little vegan naan breads too!! Oh man I was SOOOOO Happy when I found them. I always feel like crying when they are out of stock. They are delicious, little cute naan breads! :pac:

Advertisement