Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Africa Confederations Cup 2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lucky lucky Brazil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I'm not a fan of these South African crowds at all. Those horns are like being surrounded by mosquitoes, and they all went nuts just there when the final whistle went. Strange bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mike65 wrote: »
    Lucky lucky Brazil.

i know

i was ****ting myself

I got them at 6/4 during the half so i said might as well go for it

South American managers are pants right now, if this carries on Spain will waltz to the next World Cup*.

*okay slightly outrageous claim

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Has any reason been given for the Killer bees swarming round the stadium noise? this doesent happen during rugby games being shown a la the Lions in South Africa

I'm assuming the SA FA saw an opportuinity to make some money with a simple, cheap device to annoy the hell out of Europeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Lol, I came into this thread to ask about that god damn noise. I'm seriously considering watching future matches on mute! Seriously, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Egypt were horribly unlucky, they played the better football for the majority of the game.

Jesus that was a horrible noise like a Moped at full tilt approaching but never passing you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

That buzzing noise will be the death of me. I'm now going to the Shels match, where I will relish the lack of any buzzing and enjoy a good match. Hopefully.

If it isn't gone by 2010 I'll be royally pissed off

• Advertisement

italy game starting any minute now

come on italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

bbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BLOODY KILLER BEES !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

What is that noise?

Sooooooooooo annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

fecking bees are doing my head in. hope they get bee killer out for the world cup

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

that noise is really annoying... I long for the single stealy voice of George..... sad r what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Hehehe, every second post is complaining about the kiler bees / moped / horns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

image003.jpg

These annoying feckers.

De Rossi is such a class act

hate to think what the noice is like inside the stadium. paying that money to go over there and then having to listen to these things for each game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

They must be getting paid or something to create an "atmosphere" by the SA FA. How can they keep on blowing those things??????? Every match has been the same - bunch of sickos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's me done with the "2009 FIFA Confederations Cup"
    Can't listen to that incessant noise anymore.

G.Rossi should be playing

thought i might be able to mute that high frequency buzzing noice a slight bit by changing equaliser settings on the tv.
    no such luck :(

red card :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wow didnt expect a red for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Crap refereeing just ruined this match as a contest. Incompetent gimp.

ref trying to make a name for himself. idiot

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That's me done with the "2009 FIFA Confederations Cup"
    Can't listen to that incessant noise anymore.

Mute ?

another ref spoils a game for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very harsh red card.

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that damn buzzing noise. I really hope that's not going to be the atmosphere for the 2010 World Cup or it will be head-wrecking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What the ****? So the last time the USA play Italy they have two ****ing players sent off contentiously and are forced to turn in a "**** you" backs to the wall performance to get a point. And now, again, they are getting ****ed by the ref. Ridiculous bull****. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Surprise surprise the Italians look for the card. I hate the Italians. They wouldnt know what honour was if it kicked them in the balls

Very harsh red card.

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that damn buzzing noise. I really hope that's not going to be the atmosphere for the 2010 World Cup or it will be head-wrecking.

I doubt it , maybe for South Africa's matches it will be. Hope to fcuk if we get there we ain't in their group !

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What the ****? So the last time the USA play Italy they have two ****ing players sent off contentiously and are forced to turn in a "**** you" backs to the wall performance to get a point. And now, again, they are getting ****ed by the ref. Ridiculous bull****. :mad:

not sure the last one should be dragged into it, there was little to complain about with those.

This one however is a farce. As was that goal not being allowed.

G'wan Italy !

CiaranC wrote: »
    Surprise surprise the Italians look for the card. I hate the Italians. They wouldnt know what honour was if it kicked them in the balls

tbf their not the only nation that does that,if you watch the south american qualifiers you'll see what im talking about

How is that not a sending off?

FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

1-0 Usa :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Headshot wrote: »
    tbf their not the only nation that does that,if you watch the south american qualifiers you'll see what im talking about

the north americans are constantly doing it too right now.

• Advertisement

we'll drown them horns out with bodhrán's if we qualify. no worries

YESSSS

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

BOOM!

One thing you can always be sure of in football, when the US think they're getting ****ed over they play way above themselves. Great heart about them.

Good luck Italy breaking these lads down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Bradley has been amazing so far for the Usa.

get in there Italy

come on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

45 minutes of power play for Italy :D (Which sport reference? :P)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Would love to see an Italian sent off and see just how good they are, pesonally ,too many 'old' players. Run at them and you should win, just like Cork V Kerry !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Why are Italy playing with no strikers?

USA the much better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Interesting that Italy's situation is very similar to the one Ireland had when we played them in the qualifier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Ronnie Whelan is a twat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement