Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Africa Confederations Cup 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Stekelly wrote: »
    Might be to do with whats around him. I've never been overly impressed with him for Everton

I thought he had great season at Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Headshot wrote: »

In fairness, I havnt seen a huge amount of Everton games in full.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Everton fans love Pienaar think a few mentioned him as one of the players they would consider it a nightmare if they left in that other thread. Personally id consider him an excellent squad midfielder for a top premiership team but not much more, easily the SA star player though now that McCarthy seems out of the picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Definately, he's a very good player, and is more consistent than Arteta for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

What's the statement he made about the horns? Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

finally blatter is going to do somthing about those horns
    Well fair play to him if he does. The noise is focking septic, I've switched off all the games so far after a few mins because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I did a quick Google search about what Blatter says: if it's this that you're referring to, I wouldn't be so hopeful:
    RUSTENBURG, South Africa — FIFA president Sepp Blatter stood by South Africa's beloved vuvuzela trumpets on Wednesday and said that the relentless noise would be a trademark of next year's World Cup.
    "When we go to South Africa, we go to Africa," Blatter said after the colorful plastic trumpets got their global premiere during the Confederations Cup. "It is noisy. It is something else than in the rest of world."

The vuvuzelas have been a trademark of South African football for years, just like the crazy and colorful miner's helmets stitched together from recycled materials. The vuvuzelas make a lot more noise, though.

"It is energy," Blatter added as he was often interrupted because of the sound of fans blowing their vuvuzelas outside in the stadium where South Africa was to play New Zealand.

But because of complaints of European broadcasters that their listeners could hardly hear them above the din of the trumpets, Blatter said he would take it up with local organizers ahead of the World Cup.

"We are aware of it and we will discuss with the local organizing committee," Blatter said, indicating that a ban would be out of the question.

Stadiums need only to be half full for the trumpets to exceed the noise level in many a European venue. It usually starts as soon as the first fans enter the stadium and continues throughout the game, turning into a monotonous blare as if produced by a million bees.

Danny Jordaan, the head of the local World Cup organizing committee, said that the local Bafana Bafana fans start celebrating before the match "in case they cannot celebrate after the match."

Jordaan relished the thought of hearing 94,000 fans in the Soccer City Stadium, where the World Cup final will be played.

"It will be the noisiest World Cup ever," Jordaan said at the start of the Confederations Cup.

ha ha ha :D

Did I just see a guy in a clan mask in the crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stekelly you saw a fella in white but he was black.

I think its going to become a serious issue (even if it amuses Heatshot!) cos the World Cup like all such events is driven by sponsership and advertising. If people are driven to distraction and don't watch as much as they otherwise would then money will talk.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Stekelly you saw a fella in white but he was black.

I think its going to become a serious issue (even if it amuses Heatshot!) cos the World Cup like all such events is driven by sponsership and advertising. If people are driven to distraction and don't watch as much as they otherwise would then money will talk.

what!

when did i say it amuses me :confused:

I thought the ha ha ha was referencing the quoted article posted above (or were you laughing at South Africas finishing/New Zealands passing?)

I thought the ha ha ha was referencing the quoted article posted above (or were you laughing at South Africas finishing/New Zealands passing?)

No :pac:

i was laughing at the SA player that did the fresh air shot and him falling over as a result

think someone owes me an apology :p

Dont do it mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

kenny cunningham the tool said the horns are brilliant in the stadium but only he loves the horn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

mink_man wrote: »
    kenny cunningham the tool said the horns are brilliant in the stadium but only he loves the horn!
    He made some piss poor joke about the white guy for South Africa getting booed and making their job easier as well. George got the horn.

what did i say now?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

how good is Pienaar,in a class of his own out there

Since Arteta got injured Pienaar has ran the show for Everton. He has great energy and seems to be getting better. I have never seen him play better than in the second half of this season.

Atletico Madrid were supposedly interested but i havnt heard anything since. Another great signing by Moyes though.

• Advertisement

your link didn't work either!

It works fine, its not really for your eyes. Anyone who gets banned from AH after a month on boards may need 'breaking in' a bit it seems to me ;)

It works fine, its not really for your eyes. Anyone who gets banned from AH after a month on boards may need 'breaking in' a bit it seems to me ;)

well did you see what i was banned for? he didnt like the look of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Spain have now equalled the joint world record of 14 consecutive international victories since drawing 0-0 with Italy in the European Championship quarter finals last summer.

Incredibly, in those 14 games they've scored a whopping 37 goals and conceded a miserly 2!

Vicente del Bosque has managed 12 wins out of 12 since taking over, and Spain will equal Brazil's 35 game unbeaten run if they avoid defeat against South Africa.
    Las catorce victorias consecutivas de España:
    26-06-2008 Rusia-España 0-3
    29-06-2008 Alemania-España 0-1
    20-08-2008 Dinamarca-España 0-3
    06-09-2008 España-Bosnia 1-0
    10-09-2008 España-Armenia 4-0
    11-10-2008 Estonia-España 0-3
    15-10-2008 Bélgica-España 1-2
    19-11-2008 España-Chile 3-0
    11-02-2009 España-Inglaterra 2-0
    28-03-2009 España-Turquía 1-0
    01-04-2009 Turquía-España 1-2
    09-06-2009 Azerbaiyán-España 0-6
    14-06-2009 Nueva Zelanda-España 0-5
    17-06-2009 España-Irak 1-0

does it really matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

mink_man wrote: »
    does it really matter?

does football really matter?

probably not.

• Advertisement

USA v Brazil starting at 3.00

should be a right good match

im going for a usa win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I'm goin for Brazil 4 -2

I'm going for 'I'z been driven mad by the bees' line now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Surely Maicon is a far better right back then Dani Alves?

nice goal but wasnt a free kick at all

poor usa cant get a break in this tournament so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Hi lads, just popped in for the latest horn update. Whats new? How do you all feel about them today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

feckin dive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

CiaranC wrote: »
    Hi lads, just popped in for the latest horn update. Whats new? How do you all feel about them today?

About a semi :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Onyewu is USA's Delap with the long throws.

God the yanks are crap.

god damn i love live betting

get in there

brilliant goal from brazil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

2.0 Rohinho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cracker for number 2

Man United-esque break ;)

Goes to show what a joke the FIFA ranking system is when you consider USA are in the top 20.

What a run by Kaka. This is goign to be a turkey shoot.

• Advertisement

Brazil could fill thier boots here.

Goes to show what a joke the FIFA ranking system is when you consider USA are in the top 20.

people really have a bad memories

America were right good against Italy and Brazil were crap against Egypt

brazil are in great form today that's all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

A lot of the US problems is down to bad coaching, Bob Bradley has better players on the bench in Torres and Adu but plays Beasley and Klestian instead.

Appoliges to anyone who has a Brazil -2 goal handicap bet for the first half as I placed a fiver on that and the moment I did USA started to look a bit more competent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

God I hate those f*cking horn things....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

The second goal was fantastic, what a swift break.

Appoliges to anyone who has a Brazil -2 goal handicap bet for the first half as I placed a fiver on that and the moment I did USA started to look a bit more competent.

:)

i did brazil -1 handicap bet for the first half

if usa score im blaming you

:(

Its a bad American team. Only won once in their last 13 games. They done ok against an ageing Italian team who an average Irish team dominated in Bari last month.

• Advertisement

:(

hard luck

Advertisement