Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conspiracy Theories, Henry Ford, Adolf Hitler and the Elders of Zion

• 10-06-2009 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Since being much amused by RTDH’s thinly disguised anti abortion post (Zyklon-B/Mifepristone). I was amazed to see how many people were facinated by the companies that existed Germany during WW2 and still exist today. Names like Agfa, BASF, etc.

One thing though that sprung to mind though was one particular character with a couple of particularly shady episodes in his life. Each episode being attached to a conspiracy theory of some sort. That character being none other than one Mr. Henry Ford.

Born in 1863 in Michigan Ford’s learly life is of no particular interest regarding conspiracy theories, except perhaps the fact that he trained as an engineer for Thomas Edison. Fans of Tesla may like to take note here.

Anyway Ford continues his growth as one of the biggests magnets in the american motor industry with all the usual union bashing blah blah blah. And we see his foray into the world of the conspiracy theory at the beginning of the First World War.

The sinking of the Lusitaina provides Ford with his first opportunity for a good conspiracy, up there with the 911 conspiracies. His allegations of an inside job definitely show that accusations such as this are nothing new, as he reports on an alledged conspiracy whereby the Lusitania was sunk by American generals trying to force the USA into the war. Ford had been quoted claiming, "I believe that the sinking of the Lusitania was deliberately planned to get this country [America] into war. It was planned by the financiers of war." All despite the fact that when the states joined the war in 1917 Ford made considerable profits during the period of the war.

It's wise to note two things here, 1) Germany claimed responsibility for the sinking. 2) A recent archeological dive of the Lusitania showed that it was in fact loaded to the gunnels with arms. Despite the states protestations that it was a civilian ship.

Sometime later we again see Ford in action this time approaching WW2 and his close relationship with Mr. Adolf Hitler. Ford and Hitler admired each other'; Adolf Hitler kept a life-size portrait of Ford next to his desk. In 1932 Hitler told an American news paper,"I regard Henry Ford as my inspiration," In July 1938, Ford was awarded the Grand Cross of the German Eagle, the highest medal awarded by Nazi Germany to foreigners.

Finally we have Fords masterpiece of conspiracy theories, or his infatuation with one in particular. In 1918, Ford purchases, The Dearborn Independent an obscure weekley newspaper. The Independent ran for eight years, from 1920 until 1927. The newspaper published "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion," The Protocols, have been cited as one of the most persistent conspiracies ever. Originally plagarised from a novel by french satirist Maurice Joly and turning up in 1902 in Russia as fact, the book is one of the most incidious tracts of anti-semitism and have often been described as an inspiration for Hitlers own Mein Kampf. In February 1921, the New York World published an interview with Ford, in which he said "The only statement I care to make about the Protocols is that they fit in with what is going on." During this period, Ford emerged as "a respected spokesman for right-wing extremism and religious prejudice.”

Along with the Protocols, anti-Jewish articles, The Dearborn Independent also released in the early 1920s as a set of four bound volumes in Weimar Republic Germany cumulatively titled The International Jew, the World's Foremost Problem. Said of these publications;"they were widely distributed and had great influence, particularly in Nazi Germany, where no less a personage than Adolf Hitler read and admired them." Ford is the only American mentioned in Mein Kampf.

Protocols of the Learnerd Elders of Zion

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

"I believe that the sinking of the Lusitania was deliberately planned to get this country [America] into war. It was planned by the financiers of war."

He was pretty much proved right in this one
    A recent archeological dive of the Lusitania showed that it was in fact loaded to the gunnels with arms. Despite the states protestations that it was a civilian ship.

as for the Protocols, well I think he was on the money there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

He was pretty much proved right in this one

as for the Protocols, well I think he was on the money there too

And Mein Kampf is a vaild argument too I suppose. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

Studiorat nice peice, but you left out the most important part.
    President Wilson, "Colonel" House, J.P. Morgan, and Winston Churchill are the ones to blame for the Lusitaina.Ford was not wrong when he said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

@studiorat: You have satiated the ideal behind my alias for today.

@polishpaddy: Do you have any links that you'd recommend for further reading on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

http://www.teachpeace.com/teachpeacemoment9.htm

This site explains it pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

http://www.teachpeace.com/teachpeacemoment9.htm

This site explains it pretty well.

A read as interesting as this can only be done on the bog.

*hits CTRL + P*

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Another piece of informartion for you.
    Henry fords father was born in clonakilty in cork.

Advertisement