Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 year old lab

Options
  • 10-06-2009 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

I have a one year old lab who recently has stopped using her kennel. Has anyone had any experience with this or is there a training method to get her back using it

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Do you have a favourite toy she likes that you could put in the kennell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Do you know if there's any reason why she's taken a dislike to it? will she go in it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If she's kept outside she could be finding it a bit warm at the moment, or perhaps try some cosy bedding like vet bed and put a bowl of food or a few treats in there to make it appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭PhilCurran

She'll go in if I put a treat or one of her toys in but at night she takes her bedding out and sleeps on the grass. She's never had issues with the kennell up until a few weeks ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Guinea could be right - it might be the heat, if she's ok sleeping out on the grass then there's no major problem. If it was a fear of the kennel that might be something else?

My friend has 3 golden labs that sleep outside but they sleep on the decking sometimes instead of their kennel because it's too hot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭PhilCurran

Thanks for the advice guys.

Advertisement